chapter 131

if you or someone you know is struggling with mental illness or suicidal ideation, please reach out to someone you love or you can go to this website where you have access to help you deserve.
halfofus.org
this website is amazing and helpful. you can reach out to me anytime if you need someone to talk to. you can dm me here or i have my social media listed in my bio. you deserve to feel better. good things are coming your way. i am grateful that you exist. 💜

That night Sam's dad asked Sam to stay at his house to have dinner with just him and her.

Deena was sad to miss Sam's warmth in her bed, but knew that her dad deserved to have some time with Sam to try to make up for so much time apart.

She had just fallen asleep as she hugged her pillow when the phone rang in her room.

"Sam?" Deena answered with her name since she wasn't there with her and it was almost midnight.

"Uh.. Kinda, this is Sam's dad. Can you come over here now she was screaming and now she won't unlock her bedroom door or answer."

Sam's dad knew the only person that Sam needed was Deena and he was starting to feel guilty for not inviting her to the dinner.

"Yes," Deena hung up the phone. She grabbed her keys and ran out the door. She passed her dad walking in as she ran out to her car.

He asked her where she was going, "Sam!" was all she yelled back and got in her car.

She didn't know what was happening with Sam and why she wasn't answering her dad after screaming. But it fucking terrified her. Sam's never acted like that before.

Deena ran a red light to get to Sam's dad's house. She almost caused an accident when she turned too fast onto Sam's dad's street.

Deena sprinted to the door and Sam's dad answered it right away.

"She was screaming and it woke me up. Then I heard crying as I knocked on her door and called for her. But now she won't answer or unlock her door." Sam's dad said as they went up the stairs to Sam's room.

"I'm going to look for the keys to the room, please talk to her."

"Sam, it's me. It's Deena. Please talk to me. I'm here." Deena put her ear up to the door to try to hear Sam but didn't hear anything.

"Sam! It's Deena! Please open the door! Please talk to me!" Deena yelled and knocked louder on the door.

Sam didn't reply and Deena didn't hear any movement in the room.

"Sam, please. What is going on? You're scaring the shit out of me."

"Watch out. I can't find the keys so fuck it." Sam's dad said as he came up behind Deena with a huge weight people used at the gym.

Deena moved out of the way, she was stunned that her dad was going to knock down the door but Deena had the thought also if Sam didn't answer soon.

"Sam, we are going to bust the door down if you don't unlock the door."

They waited a moment to see if Sam would answer, but there wasn't any answer or movement in the room.

Sam's dad rammed the weight into the door knob four times and it broke off. He went to the handle and pulled it off which caused the other side to drop so they could open the door now.

Deena and Sam's dad ran in, expecting to see Sam on her bed, but she wasn't there.

"Sam!" Deena yelled and looked around the room with Sam's dad. She looked in the closet and under the bed, and Sam's dad looked in Sam's bathroom.