Chapter 93

Author notes;

So excited for the next release! I'm shooting for around October 1st for third book of Elf Collector! Very hopeful about this and also going to try to do something exciting and new with the cover to keep with the quality of the previous covers of this series.

I'm hoping for something right on October 1st, but there is a backup option for the first week of October... (fingers crossed). I'm officially done with everything except editing and the cover. So this can really happen.

I want to thank everyone for being really awesome readers and for so much support.

I know a lot of people are trying to hang on and just survive the lock downs. I hope by offering good stories to read that it will help them with the depression and mental anguish of being forced to stay inside a lot from the overly aggressive reaction to Covid. Some countries espeically have had really tough lock downs like Australia and some parts of Europe. :( Japan's lock downs have also been really tough, and its been really hard for their mental health. If you know people there I hope you can encourage ... well anyone having a tough time right now.

I'm considering also a new cover for this book and for this site? Any thoughts? And for my other books, which ones do you think need cover upgrades also?

Chapter 93

Lost in the dark, continued;

We still haven't found the dwarves a while later.

We will have to put out the light soon after I treat Rina's wound. It's strange and hard to do because I feel handicapped. But the light spell will be drawing goblins from miles around and we still haven't figured out what happened to the other dwarves in this eternal subterranean night. While treating her wound, we've tried to duck under cover into like a crevasse of sharp volcanic rocks, which we are trying to not get cut on. It helps cover some of the light, but if someone is really close that won't cut it still.

I trust Asakura though and her new senses. She's now really strong.

She will get us through this. I'm sure I can depend on her and she's proven herself over a long period of time. Her survival instincts are why she's been stronger this whole time. Now I can clearly see that all the changes have been survival oriented.

We also have to hunker down to make a big sacrifice of mana to save Rina and for me to rest for a few minutes right after, or take a small power nap...of course that's assuming I can somehow calm down my neurotic fear of goblins not finding us long enough for said power nap. It will cost me almost all of my mana to save her, and all of my skills. I end up using both the normal heal spells and the mana stitching spell.

It's tempting to put her in the demon box but that would be wrong...every second of bleeding I'm really tempted to do so. I'd rather have a live sister with complications than a dead body sister.

First I used the mana stitching, and it also helps me see much smaller details in the wound to look for the bad points of where the deep piercing stab went into her side. This is also another skill I realized quickly. It doesn't help my magic any; but it's like a sensory perception that I'd been subconsciously developing while learning how to heal others and feel where the organs, tissues, and tendons were. And that gives me an advantage.