//6//

•••
the pent up feelings began to grow, and soon, turned into anger.

the silent kind of anger that slit through any line of reasonable thoughts. the kind that only continued to sprout.

this time being seven, minho had began to notice him even more. he would see him more often, and witness his mom taking care of him.

what even was his name? minho had no clue.

but what he did know, was that he didn't understand.

he had no clue what any of this was, why this kid would be crying so often, and why his mother would be offering him food or snacks.

lee minho had always been interested in martial arts ever since he was extremely young, and with a lot of begging and convincing, his mother decided that once he turned seven he would be able to take two classes.

the classes he picked being boxing, and kendo.

and now that he was finally seven, he started going to lessons, finding it extremely exciting.

he would get home exhausted of course, but each time he would be so excited to tell his mother what he learned that day, and what new tricks he was getting better at.

this specific time though, he was extremely tired.

he just had a kendo lesson, and his teacher had gotten done explaining that if one gets good enough, when they hit a certain age they could enter tournaments.

and minho wanted to get to that level. he wanted to win something.

his mother came to pick him up from practice, unlocking the car door for her seven year old. she smiled upon seeing her son tiredly open the car door.

"someone looks like they practiced hard today." she smiled, reaching over to place a kiss to the top of his head.

he smiled and nodded. "guess what? they said that if i get good enough and when i'm older i can enter tournaments! and i could win!" his young voice exclaimed, despite him so obviously working hard and being sleepy.

"i without a doubt know you'll be the one winning." the woman said warmly, starting up the car and beginning to drive.

minho looked at his mother. "really?" he felt his heart spin with happiness at his mother's encouragement.

she nodded. "absolutely! you're my strong little boy. i know you'll do great."

"and you'll come to watch me?" he asked, earning a more-than-certain nod.

"of course i would! what kind of mother would i be if i didn't come see my son during such an important tournament? i gotta see him win after all." she smiled, and that only made minho want to grow up faster.

he wanted to make her proud. and that only encouraged him even more.

when they had gotten home, minho was ready to run inside to his room, however his mother's voice stopped him.

"ah sweetie, just a sec." she said, taking out her house keys as the seven year old waited in front of the door.

as she made her way over, she patted minho's head as she inserted the key in the door. "hun, i know you're tired but i had to borrow your bed for someone for a little." she explained, opening the door.

minho blinked in confusion. "borrow my bed..?"

the woman nodded, closing the door behind them. she then kneeled down to minho's height, brushing his hair behind his ear. "just for a bit. why don't you get some new clothes and take a quick shower? i'll make you a snack for when you get out."