//113//

jisung took his shoes off and placed them carefully by the door, momentarily looking up at minho who was still looking at him.

"are you sure i can come inside? i wouldn't wanna overwhelm her-"

"you're coming inside."

minho walked forward and took jisung's arm (which had him nearly melting and tripping) and pulled him further inside the house.

he pulled him up to the staircase, beginning to go up them.

while he was being brought upstairs, jisung looked around some more- completely enthralled by how beautiful and well kept the house was.

there were some more pictures on the wall up the staircase, and jisung could not help but look at them as they passed.

so many pictures of minho that he would have to engrave into his brain some other time.

"i think she'll be happy to see you." minho suddenly spoke, making jisung look up to the back of his head.

"..really?" he uttered.

he didn't know if minho would even let him see her, as awful as that sounded.

he knew that as kids he was indirectly the cause of most the trauma minho went through. he knew that him being cared for all the time mentally damaged him and deprived him of his mother when he needed her.

he was just a kid, for crying out loud. jisung understood it now.

so that's why he was surprised when minho grabbed him by the arm and urged him up the stairs.

"the place feels the same." jisung spoke, looking at the railing of the stairs and the carvings in the wood.

"feels the same?" minho questioned.

"feels safe."

jisung didn't catch the way minho looked back at him for a second as he was too busy reminiscing in the nostalgia the house was giving him.

once they got to the top of the staircase, minho let go of jisung's sleeve. he motioned to the door at the end of the hall. "she's in her room."

the two of them walked over, minho knocking lightly on the door to signal that they were coming in.

upon pushing over the door, jisung found himself freezing a little.

it's been years.

minho walked in first, and he looked over at the bed and smiled. "mom, look." he spoke to the woman as she opened her eyes and tilted her head over at him.

she sickly smiled at the flowers he was holding. "oh min, is that for me?" she questioned, and jisung heard her voice but still didn't move to come inside. "you're so sweet! thank you dear."

however minho shook his head. "not from me." he said, moving out of the way from the door frame and peering over.

looking over in confusion, the woman's eyes darted over to what her son was looking at too.

at that point jisung hesitated before walking forward, coming inside and finally showing himself from the doorframe.

he had been nervously picking at his fingers. would she even recognize him?

then suddenly there was a gasp, and her familiar face twisted into something gentle and shocked.

jisung took a second to analyze her, and it certainly was the same woman that cared for him all those years ago.

she had the same gentle face, except now met with gentle wrinkles and worn eyes. her hair had streaks of gray, not a lot but wispy little pieces.

she sat up, her hand covering her mouth as her eyes watered with tears.