//96//

it was not an exaggeration when it was said that they were far behind schedule.

they had thirty minutes to set everything up, and they weren't even close to being done.

they still had to wipe down the chairs and tables, had to set up the entire arts and crafts station, and double check to make sure they had enough snacks and utensils for the food.

"the kids are gonna get here in a little. jisung and minho first help wipe down the tables. afterwards, jisung you need to set up the arts and crafts section while we make sure we have enough dishes." dott explained, moving faster than light to get everything together.

jisung and minho had both put on their vests, the older rolling up his sleeves to his elbows as jisung went to grab the disinfectant wipes.

from where they started wiping down the tables, jisung briefly looked over to minho.

"sooo..." he started. "who would've thought. pfft, not me. i mean, you working at a daycare? that completely caught me off guard-"

"i will shove this in your mouth." minho warned, holding up the wipe and waving it slightly.

jisung gave a lopsided smile before going back to focus on his scrubbing.

"you just seem too.. intimidating for kids." jisung continued to think out loud, which resulted in a shrug from minho.

"i'm not great with kids." he said, however a shout from the other side of the room disrupted the statement.

"don't listen to him." dott said, gathering things to move across the room. "he's a natural."

jisung blinked in surprise. "oh really?" he questioned, seeing the way minho tossed the wipe into the trash can next to him.

"i'm alright." was all he said.

jisung left it at that while they continued to set up.

by a miracle, they were able to finish everything in under thirty minutes right before the kids began to pour in.

with one open of the door, there were excited and happy giggles all around. some children were holding hands and smiling while some ran straight to the caretakers.

it was very lively in a matter of seconds.

"hello!!" dott clasped their hands together and smiled brightly, picking up the little girl that ran up to them for a hug. "did you guys miss us?"

there were shouts of 'yes!' that sounded so painfully cute and adorable that jisung had to put his hand over his heart.

they spent some time making sure every kid took their shoes off and hung up their coats.

jisung hadn't been an expert with kids, but he wasn't horrible with them. he knew enough to know what to do if one cries, or if one wanted to play.

he was typically an anxiety riddled person, but somehow kids never set that off for him. they were too cute, and there was this sense of kindness with them which many adults lacked.

after making sure everyone was good to go, the kids immediately began to run around and play with each other.

minho's current role was to make their meal for lunchtime which wasn't surprising, considering his love for cooking. he was somewhere in the kitchen while jisung and the others watched over the children.

jisung was in the middle of watching an intense rock paper scissor game when all of a sudden he felt a tug on his sleeve.

"excuse me?" the high pitched voice of a little girl made him look down. "who are you?" she tilted her head, her silky hair falling slightly in her face.