//81//

considering it had been snowing for a couple of days on end, there was no surprise when it turned out that this year would be a white christmas.

the day started with flakes falling steadily from the sky, fluttering down and sticking to the ground beneath. it made the cars have a white top and the tree branches weigh heavy with snow.

everyone had plans with family. whether it be going out to eat, exchanging gifts, eating a homemade meal, or going out for a festive activity.

minho was going to travel back home for a few hours.

his mother had been doing fine on her own, spending a lot of time with her sister and the extended part of their family.

she would send minho texts asking him how everything was going and they planned on having a family dinner with said extended family.

truth be told, minho didn't enjoy being around the whole family.

he loved everyone of course, but some family members didn't know boundaries and would ask him questions he never felt comfortable answering.

they would poke and prod at his body and face to distinguish if he had been taking care of himself- which alone would get him annoyed because he didn't like being touched.

it would be nice to see his mom, but realistically he would only just have to make it through the dinner section and be able to go back home.

he eventually got out of bed and began making breakfast. he was tired and groggy, getting out the ingredients and supplies for waffles.

he started making them, yawning and rubbing his eyes in between.

when he started jisung was still sleeping in his bed, curled onto his side and covered by a comforter. by the time he used up all the batter jisung was slightly more awake.

minho tossed all the dirty dishes into the sink and whistled to jisung.

"wake up, i made waffles." he said, putting down two plates on the table and getting syrup.

jisung stirred, rubbing his eyes and slowly making his way out of bed.

he had marks all over his body from the slumber, but he sleepily made his way to the table and sat down regardless.

minho usually used his phone at the table, jisung typically did the same thing too.

minho had a video playing through his headphones as he angled his phone down on the table, taking the first bite.

jisung didn't have his phone out today though, he simply just started to eat.

they typically ate in silence but jisung looked up at minho to ask a question. "where are you going?"

minho looked up and paused the video he was watching to actually answer. "to a dinner."

jisung swirled his fork in the syrup. "like at a restaurant or?"

minho stretched his achy arms (which was a habit he did often) and let an earbud drop from his ears. "no, it's gonna be a home meal."

he sighed, remembering that he'll have to be sat through unnecessary comments from his family members.

"speaking of meals, thanks for waffles." jisung said, eyes watching the way his fork forcibly stabbed the piece on the plate.

minho gave a nod before pressing play back on his video.

~~~

getting places in the snow was a drag. it was ugly, and annoying.

sure, snow was nice to look at in the distance, but having to go over heaping piles of ice which were sometimes black with dirt was unpleasant to say the least.