//101//

jisung sniffled, bringing his free hand up to wipe underneath his eyes due to them being so watery. he had been trying his hardest to fight the urge to cry.

he was shaken up. he was full of anxiety to the brim. his heart was beating absurdly fast in his chest as they left the guy behind.

the only other thing he could feel other than his heart racing with adrenaline, was the warmth of minho's hand carefully wrapped around his arm to guide him the right way.

"that guy.." jisung sniffled again, his voice coming out wavy and uneven. "was a jerk." he muttered, feeling violated even though nothing even really happened.

"yeah. he was." minho kept on walking, and it was clear in his breathing that he was still pissed. jisung had gotten good at reading his emotions despite the grip on his arm being soft and gentle.

"you know.. you didn't have to do that.." he suddenly said, looking at the ground that was slightly covered in a thin layer of frost from the cold. "we could've just-"

"ignored it?" minho questions, making jisung look up at the back of his head. "he was harassing you even after you told him no. he should've stopped there."

there was a drag of silence as jisung mulled over that. realistically, he knew if that if he had it in him to ignore the situation, it still would've escalated. there wasn't a doubt in his mind after the last remark made by the stranger.

suddenly minho stopped walking and turned around to look at jisung as if he remembered something. "he grabbed you, didn't he?" he eyed the younger's wrist where the guy laid his hands on him. "was it hard?"

"oh- um. i don't know." he let minho take his other arm and roll up his sleeve. there was no mark from what they could see but that didn't really make either of them feel better.

minho sighed and rolled the sleeve back down. "sorry if i scared you."

jisung felt his eyes widen and his heart twinge at the apology.

"i didn't try to make you cry or freak out back there." minho had thought that he was the reason for jisung crying. as he spoke his eyes were adverted in what looked like slight shame, or guilt.

the younger shook his head. "no, you didn't scare me. it was all the other guy. i was afraid he was gonna- i dunno. hurt you or something." he said honestly.

"i thought that if you fought him he could've.. i don't know pulled a knife out or something. people are unpredictable, especially those kinds of people." his voice went a little quieter as he looked off to the side.

suddenly minho sensed the worry that was radiating off the younger. there were waves of anxiety fleeting from him the more he thought back to what actually happened and what it could've been.

reaching a hand up, minho patted his head slightly.

this made jisung immediately look up at him. "c'mon. i have years of boxing experience. i could've done way worse to him if i wanted to." he stated, making the atmosphere feel a little more lighthearted as he pulled his hand away.

jisung felt the touch linger.

they started to walk again and jisung found himself smiling a little. he scoffed lightly, looking at minho from where he was next to him. "you did want to." he corrected.

"yes i did." minho didn't deny. "but i held back because you told me not to." he said, a tinge of dissatisfaction laced in his voice. "even if he did have a knife, i bet i could've used it against him." he mumbled to himself, going back to what jisung said earlier.