//79//

it had been freezing.

getting more and more cold as the days inched their ways towards christmas.

it had even snowed a couple times prior, making it harder to walk outside without slipping.

it was agreed that they were going to do secret santa on christmas eve rather than christmas day for a couple of reasons.

first, it would be a terrible thing if they were to cancel plans on family just to do a gift exchange with friends. chan said it would be better to spend time with family on actual christmas day. to which everyone agreed.

so here they were, christmas eve and showing up to felix's place with presents in hands.

felix had been so adamant of holding the event at his place so that he could decorate everything. he said that he had some really cute christmas decorations that he can finally put to good use.

and upon walking in, jisung gasped out loud and looked up at all the glittering snow flakes hanging from the ceiling.

"oh my god felix- you outdid yourself!!" he exclaimed, followed right by a scream from hyunjin.

"YOU DID THIS??" hyunjin pushed past everyone else, eyes darting around to take note of all the glowing lights and glitter on the table to resemble snow.

felix giggled before nodding shyly. "yeah..! but it's really nothing! i had a lot of fun doing it." he said, face dusting pink from all the praise.

the place had been glowing with so many lights that the main light didn't even need to be turned on. in fact, it wasn't. and it created such a comfortable and coziness.

but there was nothing that could even top the christmas tree in the corner of the room.

it was beautifully decorated, from head to toe. it was glowing and shimmering in all its glory. there was a bright star on top, and tinsel wrapped around it.

jisung swore he had never seen a more beautiful tree in his life.

"felix you did an amazing job." chan came forward to strangle the freckly australian in a hug, making felix break out into laughter even more.

"thanks!" he said between choked breaths. once chan let go of his bone crushing embrace, felix pointed to the little coffee table that had glitter sprinkled over it.

"now everyone! put your gifts on the table!" he ordered.

there was movement in an instant, everyone placing their wrapped gifts on the table to display. gift exchanging had always been exciting.

hyunjin had excitedly put his present down last, clapping his hands and barely being able to contain his excitement. "can i give mine first?" he shot his hand up, not caring that he almost hit minho in the face to which the older shoved the brunette more to the side.

"actually.." chan hummed, thinking with his thumb resting on his lip. "how should we do this?" he questioned.

"let's just go around the table." seungmin made a circle with his finger. "it's simple that way." he shrugged.

everyone agreed, and they began with chan.

"elders first." jeongin quipped, eyes squinted as he grinned, laughing when chan paused his motions to shoot over a look.

"okay. well, just so happens that i was assigned a brat for this so." he said, picking up his gift from the table and reaching over to place it on jeongin's lap.

this only prompted jeongin to laugh even more, knocking into the person he was sitting next to slightly in the process. "right after my insult too!" he wiped away an imaginary tear to pick up the gift.