//32//

"you know you can't constantly be like this forever."

changbin's words filled the surroundings, his hands resting on the countertop as he looked at minho, who was sitting down on the counter just a little bit away.

he didn't form a response, just looked at the floor with flat eyes as he tried to make out a pattern. he couldn't find one.

"we both know you want to make more friends." changbin added with a sigh, his shoulders falling slump as he pried his hands away from the marble counter and turning to the stove. "so why don't you try?"

"i never said i wanted to make friends." minho mumbled a reply, his eyes looking to the side as he watched changbin turn on the stove with a click.

"you might as well just admit it." the latter shrugged. "you only have me and hyunjin. you aren't a high-schooler anymore. you could probably make friends if you just tried."

suddenly the sizzle of oil on a pan filled the air, changbin swishing it around the aluminum.

"i don't need any more friends."

"minho."

"what."

changbin sighed and rolled his eyes, turning back around and shooting a look to the ravenette. "why are you so difficult? for my sake then, just try and befriend someone."

however minho just shook his head.

"every single time i tried to make a friend they always just fucking ran away. they don't like me. i stopped caring about that."

"minho you can't have that mindset. you have no idea how many things you're missing out on. you don't go out with people, you've never been to a party. you barely ever smile." changbin listened the things on his fingers as he went on.

"i've known you for all this time and never seen you have fun. you're just so.. emo! i dunno what to call you- like, don't get me wrong you're very hot the way you are, but being lonely can't feel sexy."

"it's such a sexy feeling actually," sarcasm flew out with a teasing tone, making changbin laugh a bit before rolling his eyes.

"my god." he sighed, beginning to add the contents of the shrimp fried rice he was making in the pan. "i know you're used to it, but all i'm saying is that you have no idea what you're missing out on."

minho shrugged, yawning a little bit from being tired the whole day. he rubbed his eye and blindly felt the bump of the hair tie on the wrist that didn't have the black wrist band.

he gave his eye a final rub before lifting his hands to his hair with eyes still closed, taking a section off his face and tying it up.

"i could introduce you to some of my friends!" changbin was still going on, his body jolting up with enthusiasm.

immediately minho held his hand up to put an end on his friend's hopeful excitement. "nah, i'm okay." he replied, demolishing the shorter boy's excitement.

he frowned. "why not?"

"changbin i'm fine the way i am." he hopped off the counter, cracking his back with a twist afterwards. "i don't need anymore friends. i actually like being independent."

the sizzle of the frying rice distracted from the conversation. "this isn't independence. this is pure isolation at this point."

minho snickered. "you're a loser for phrasing it like that."

"that's what it is!!"

~~~

it was hot.

the sun wasn't relenting, the rays stabbing through the earth and making it everyone else's problem.