//12//

•••
han jisung.

minho had finally learned his name after all this time.

he was still ten when he learned his name. and attached to this name, was feelings of pure resentment and anger.

bubbling anger that no ten year old could possibly know how to manage on their own. but minho did, in silence.

well, it started off in silence.

that was until han jisung said something to minho for the very first time since he'd seen him.

minho had been sitting at the table, doing the simple homework he had been assigned from school.

jisung was being watched over by his mom again, sat in the living room while minho's mother made dinner for everyone.

but jisung had gotten up and poked his head into the dinning room to see minho sitting there, dark eyes boredly gazing over the sheet of paper he was writing on.

after the tournament, there was an outward change to minho. he no longer spoke to his mother about boxing or kendo, never speaking word of another tournament again.

it didn't even matter the attempts of his mother to ask about them, trying to make up her absence of the first one she felt so terrible about missing.

but all minho would do was shrug and said he didn't know when the next one was. it was because he didn't care for it anymore. he didn't want to do it anymore.

jisung watched the way minho moved his hand against the paper attentively. he blinked from seeing minho copy things onto a notebook, then back onto the paper.

he was finally going to talk to him.

he trudged slowly over, being hesitant due to the overwhelming shyness he always had to deal with. eventually he was a little bit behind minho, peeking over his shoulder to see what he was writing.

"wh.. what are you working on..?" the nine year old had finally spoken- and minho's hand immediately stopped from hearing the boy speak for the first time.

he didn't respond though, his grip going tighter on the pencil he was writing with. he didn't even look behind him. and after a few seconds of silence, he just continued writing the sentence he paused on.

jisung thought he had maybe spoken too softly, so this time he moved a bit closer before speaking. "h..hi. i'm jisung.." he tried again, still not earning anything in response.

and that was when he brought a hesitant hand to lightly poke minho's arm to see if maybe he was still speaking too quiet.

upon the contact, minho instantly slammed his pencil down on the table, moving away from jisung's touch as if it had burned him.

jisung jumped, startled at the sudden reaction as he looked at the older with wide eyes.

"don't touch me." was the only thing minho muttered towards him, voice sounding terrifyingly serious despite coming out of a kid.

and jisung felt his stomach churn. what did he do wrong?

needless to say, it was clear that minho did not want to talk to jisung the same way the younger had wanted to for so long.

this very first attempt of conversation opened a entire window of poorly concealed jabs and quiet remarks from minho.

wether it was to complain of how jisung stood in his way, or give a short scowl whenever he saw his mother helping the younger- they all went noticed by jisung.