//50//

the next day was torture to wake up from.

jisung felt his head ache and throb as he sat up in his bed. he put a hand over his forehead and winced, feeling the headache move with him.

he didn't remember how he got home, nor when he even got home. but at least he was certain he didn't end up drunk last night.

he didn't drink any more alcohol after being locked in the room of safety. he supposed it didn't matter too much, if he was home, he was home.

jisung slowly looked up and across the room, pausing when he saw minho sitting up in his bed in the same position he was in.

his hand holding his head, fingers brushing up his dark hair from his forehead as his eyebrows furrowed in pain.

both seemed to be suffering terrible headaches then.

minho groaned before pushing the blankets off himself, rubbing his eyes and walking over to the kitchen. "jesus christ.." he mumbled, finding that standing made it worse.

"want water?" minho's voice reached the blonde's ears, who was surprised that minho even noticed that he was awake too.

"uh, yes please." he said, sighing and throwing his blanket off himself too. he got ready to wipe the pain from his eyes before he suddenly heard minho speak up again.

"when did you get up?" it was hard to ignore how his tone of voice went back to normal. there was no more slur, no more sluggish edge to his voice, no more light and airy giggles accompanying his sentences.

"just now.." jisung trailed off, watching his roommate take a cold water bottle out from the fridge and walk it over.

"heard you watched over me last night." the forwardness of the statement had jisung looking up at minho's face rather than the extended water bottle in the older's hand.

he didn't know how to reply to that, so he just gave a nod and accepted the cold drink before looking off to the side again. he felt a hue of warmth crawl up his neck.

a lot of embarrassing things happened yesterday.

"i don't remember it well." minho popped open a water bottle for himself. "i remember some things, but not all." he took a long sip.

"yeah.. well me neither." that was a blatant lie. but he didn't want to be the one explaining anything if minho asked about it.

"thanks for making sure i didn't do anything crazy." it was the first time minho had ever directed any sort of 'thank you' to jisung. it caught the blonde off guard, as he half-expected to be ignored today.

"..you're welcome." he said, finally taking a sip of water himself.

there was a line of silence after that, as minho turned into the kitchen area and took out a mixing bowl.

instantly jisung knew that he was gonna make something to eat, and honestly he would've been fine with that as a thank you instead of actual words.

~~~

there was some odd feeling that came with things being back to normal.

jisung would look over from his bed, seeing the way minho's deadpan resting expression was back on his face rather than the drunken one.

truth be told, jisung sorta missed drunk minho.

he would never admit that of course, but it was the truth. he felt like he made some sort of strange, odd friend yesterday- but here they were.

back to hating each other again.

"why are you staring?" minho's voice drew jisung out of his thoughts, making him shake his head and advert his attention elsewhere.