//109//

jisung continued his best to try and get something out of minho.

he would try to do something he typically wouldn't do, he would try to bother him even more than usual to study his reaction, he would try to nudge him more often and make jokes about them being together.

but for everything he did; he couldn't read the older's face or actions. he couldn't decode him even if his life depended on it. and it felt like it did.

he would often end up in bed at the end of the day and pick apart every single interaction to see if there was anything even remotely telling of feelings.

he could never be so sure.

every time he would try something bold, minho would just grow quiet and stop looking at him.

minho was typically a quiet person, so it was hard to take that as anything in jisung's point of view.

it became confusing to the younger because even though he was actively trying, he didn't get any outward reaction. however when he wasn't, minho would do things that would make his heart flutter and die in his chest.

he ruled it off as minho being minho- but even he couldn't help but think the way he acted sometimes was out of the ordinary.

he was more forward with his taunting. yet at the same time he was constantly doing things for the younger, wether it be cooking or small favors. he would often do it without even having to be asked.

he would tease a lot more, and jisung would tell himself not to overreact because they've always done that. instead of getting mad at it now though, the younger was genuinely affected by it.

it was just all too confusing. and jisung was losing all his juice.

he was currently plopped against his bed in exhaustion of these past few days, cheek smushed against his cat stuffed animal that minho bought him for christmas.

he sighed loudly against the soft fabric, eyes scrunching dramatically.

"what's wrong?" minho asked, in the middle of organizing his school papers by subject and dates.

"nothing." jisung mumbled, grabbing the cat and harshly turning to the other side to face the wall.

he heard minho sigh and heard the jumble of papers crumple slightly in his hands as he moved them to the side. "you always say that when you're pissed. what's wrong?"

jisung didn't turn back around, instead he grumbled against the bed and kicked his leg. "i said nothing." he fussed, picking off the lint that was stuck to the cat's eye.

minho was just about done with organizing his papers when his phone suddenly began to ring in his pocket- the sound cutting into the room. he took it out and looked at the ID before picking it up.

"hello?"

jisung instantly turned around to look at where minho was sitting on the floor. he was balancing the phone with his shoulder as he paper clipped a bunch of papers together.

he watched as minho's eyebrows furrowed together and how he put the papers to the side. "is it that bad?" he questioned, and jisung shot him a look of confusion.

"oh.. alright then, i can come later today and stay over for a while."

jisung motioned with his hand to get minho's attention but the older didn't notice. instead he nodded at whoever was talking and hummed slightly.

"who is that?" jisung decided to whisper-shout over, leaning off the bed so that he was in minho's peripheral.

the older looked over and held up a finger to tell him to wait a sec as jisung kept on staring until the call came close to an end.