//33//

two people walking outside against the blaring sun.

the rays licked up their necks in uncomfortable ways, and hyunjin felt lucky enough to remember to wear a bucket hat to protect his scalp. this was torture.

"whatever you wanna talk about, it better be fucking good." minho fanned his face, eyes heavy with annoyance and agitation from the heat. he took a sip from the brunette's ice cold water bottle before shoving it back into his hands afterwards.

"you shouldn't so openly threaten your bestie in such a way." hyunjin pointed, feeling a wave of relief flood inside him from catching the dorms not too far away. "and everything i say is good, i don't know what you're talking about."

a scoff was the only thing hyunjin received in response to this.

to be quite honest, hyunjin was a very different kind of person.

considering he constantly associated himself with minho, he was surely exposed to a lot of the older's "coldness" and snarky remarks. every empty threat flew over his head, in one ear and right out the other. he was never bothered by this.

he was never bothered by minho.

hyunjin was the type of person to be unaffected by anything other than himself and his own thoughts it appeared. any dark comment only made him giggle in entertainment. every glare only made him more determined to bother the crap out of his opponent.

didn't matter who it was. minho was not exempt from this treatment. in fact, hyunjin's drive to pry and bother is part of the reason he knew what he did about minho.

however he wanted to know more.

hyunjin bounced on his heels as he waited for minho to unlock the dorm room door. the second it clicked open, he followed the older right inside and immediately began observing.

it was clean. it was neat, everything organized and put away. the room had been clearly split, and it was so painfully clear which side belonged to who.

all the decorations on jisung's side gave him away. and the lack of items at all at the other end is what told hyunjin which side was supposed to be minho's section.

"jisung has such cute things!" upon looking over at the plushies, hyunjin immediately dove to grab a ferret one. "aww!! doesn't this one look like me?" his eyes sparkled big in admiration at the cute plush, completely contradicting the aura radiating off minho.

"i will kick you out right now." he warned, sitting down on his bed and plugging in his phone.

hyunjin only softly smiled, settling to sit down on jisung's bed, body facing the ravenette and his arms wrapping around the cute plushie he now placed in his lap.

"i want to talk to you." as if it weren't already said, hyunjin repeated it. his strange smile was present again. his eyes unnaturally careful.

minho raised an eyebrow. "yeah no kidding. what's so damn important that you had to make me come back here instead of going to where i'm stayin-"

"have you ever dealt with your feelings?"

the question came out with barely any hesitation, and it made the room fill with a quiet that felt rough and harsh. minho stared for a little, his eyebrows furrowing together in an expression that was unreadable.

"what?"

instant tension. an instant stillness of slight confusion.

"minho," the execution of his name was nothing short of heedful. it was full of a sense of care. "from what i've gathered, you have a lot of things you're pushing down. i've seen it. i know it. and i'm worried about you min."