//128//

"did jisung fall asleep?"

the movie was long over, finally, and hyunjin moved to peek over minho to see if there was a reason he hadn't heard the blondes voice in a while.

when he looked over he saw that he was right- jisung was asleep against minho's arm, drooling.

minho looked down at him as hyunjin smiles a little.

"you know, i can't help but feel all sappy about it." hyunjin suddenly speaks, and minho blinks and looks over at him.

"what do you mean?" he questions, slightly confused.

hyunjin motioned towards the blonde with a nod. "i can't remember a time where i ever saw someone that close to you." he trails off, his smile still soft.

"i don't remember the last time you let someone do that to you."

minho goes quiet for a moment.

"it's great." hyunjin adds gently, speaking at a low volume as to not wake the younger up. jisung stirs slightly only to settle back again minho's sturdy arm.

"it's good to see you with someone like that." he jokingly pokes minho's other arm. "after knowing you for years i didn't think i would ever see something like this but i'm glad because you deserve it."

hyunjin was always an observer.

sure, someone could call him dramatic or purposefully meddling. but one thing he could never be called is a poor friend. he was always caring about his friends.

he cared about them a lot.

and sure, maybe his relationship with minho started off with stubborn annoyance, with unrelenting persistence that ended in tolerance. but it sprouted and grew.

it grew enough to the point of hyunjin wanting and wishing for minho to actually heal.

he knew from the start that there was something wrong. some wound deep with hurt and oozing with loneliness.

bitter isolation and misunderstanding.

something that causing his eyes to look so solemn even if he tried to cover his ache- but hyunjin always saw it. from the very start.

but now it was different. things had been different.

hyunjin felt the difference when he first met jisung in person. there was a change in dynamic, a change in new things to complain about.

even if it started as hate and complaints, it was still something new. something that hyunjin was actively there to witness.

but then he saw it change. he saw the dynamic of his friends change.

he first noticed how they began to grow in number. more people.

then more activities. new outings and more fun. more minho smiling. more minho interacting with those around him. more of him coming out of his shell.

the change only began happening because something was knocking down his walls. someone was knocking them down.

hyunjin grew to love jisung because of it.

whatever they were, whatever they called themselves, hyunjin didn't know or care. he just loved being able to see the both of them grow because of each other.

he didn't know jisung forever, but he knew the person he changed.

minho smiles a little at hyunjin, his hand reaching out to lightly pat his leg in appreciation.

"thank you. you're a good friend hyunjin." he says, and hyunjin stills and his eyes soften. "you always were."

hyunjin feels his eyes sting impossibly fast and he has to snort and bring a hand to shield his eyes. "shut up STOP you're gonna make me cry." he complains, sniffling and blinking hard with a laugh.