//63//

the next morning things were strange, minho noticed.

he woke up first (as he usually did) and started to brew his coffee while he went to brush his teeth in the meantime.

he washed his face, put on face cream, and did every usual thing he did.

but as he began adding things to his coffee, he heard movement from jisung's bed. he turned around and saw the blonde beginning to wake up, sitting up in bed and rubbing his eyes.

minho went to stir his coffee some more, but when he looked back a few minutes later, he noticed jisung was there standing a few feet behind him.

he was peeking in through the frame of the entrance of kitchen, looking tiredly at what minho was doing without actually speaking.

minho didn't question him, but figured that he was staring because he wanted his own coffee.

sighing, minho set aside his own cup and grabbed another one, expecting that this is what jisung was silently asking for.

he began to brew another cup, taking a sip of his own and going over to his bed to grab his phone off his night stand.

he sat down on the bed, unplugging his device and turning it on. he scrolled through his notifications for a while until noticing that jisung had also followed him there.

instead of waiting in the kitchen, he silently turned around and stood feet away from where minho was sitting.

he still hadn't said anything, but this lingering was definitely something new.

he had rubbed the tired from his eyes but was clearly still in the process of waking up, yawning and using his sleeve to wipe the side of his face.

minho didn't comment or look at him for very long, instead clearing out the night's notifications and getting up again to finish the other coffee (which he really didn't feel like making).

he put in milk and the vanilla syrup he added to his own cup, before sliding it to the side where he knew jisung was now standing.

he didn't look at him for a reaction, or to even check if he actually was standing there. he just knew he was.

minho sat down at the table.

jisung followed.

he sat down in front of the older with the freshly made cup of coffee. he held it gently and sat down, looking inside the mug.

"didn't you want?" minho questioned, sipping his own coffee and raising an eyebrow slightly.

it was to his surprise that the blonde shook his head a little, still taking a small sip afterwards anyway.

there was shared silence.

minho was practicing staring at the boy in front of him, who would barely even attempt to look up to meet his eyes.

he looked tired.

his eyes were puffy from all the crying he didn't the night prior. his skin was paler and he had bags under his eyes.

"did you sleep?" minho set down his mug and leaned his head tiredly on his hand.

"yeah.. sorta." jisung murmured, swishing the drink around.

"hm." minho checked the time. "well i'm gonna be going to the library to do some of my assignments in a bit-"

"you're leaving?"

jisung had finally looked up from the mug. his eyes were open and awake suddenly, and the look on his face was far more vulnerable than minho had ever seen without the tears.