//105//

despite getting a second opinion, there was still no solid certainty that minho truly did like jisung in that way.

sure they were far from the enemy title now, and minho did change the way he acted with him- but there was always going to be that doubt unless told directly.

jisung knew that either way he wouldn't be able to act like his epiphany didn't happen, so the choices were either to continue to act awkward or try to actually deal with the issue.

and now he actually knew what this strange feeling was, there was no real reason to be weird about it anymore. he understood. he thought.

that night was very sleepless.

chan had no problem with jisung sleeping in his bed (especially since there was enough room) but the blonde kept tossing and turning throughout the entire night.

by the time chan was asleep, every recent scenario with minho had been playing in jisung's head for the second time already. every gesture that could have a romantic undertone. was it really romantic?

minho was hard to read on a good day. it was so hard to try to pick him apart- to get inside his brain and understand the meaning behind his gestures.

jisung seemed normal in comparison to him.

ever since the love festival his actions had been.. softer. there were instances even before that where he had been gentle and caring.

things that jisung didn't unravel until now.

it was so hard to understand him. but jisung wanted to. he wanted to know him. he wanted to be able to look into his eyes and understand the emotion he was feeling. he wanted to understand his mind.

to recognize each furrow of his eyebrows or tilt of his lips.

he wanted to be the only person in the world to solve the case first. to solve the case that was lee minho.

the mysterious, stoic boy who was also sweet and tender. the boy who was isolated and wrongfully titled.

the boy who jisung hated for so long but now feels empty without.

jisung didn't get any sleep.

~~~

when he did manage to get a solid two hours of sleep, it was interrupted because chan had to wake up for work and his alarm was loud and blaring.

jisung whined and threw the blanket over his head as chan yawned and reached to turn it off. knowing that jisung was woken up, he gently patted his arm.

"i have to get ready for work, but you can stay if you really want to." he said through tiredness, and jisung nodded his head and threw the blanket off of himself.

there was no use in trying to go back to sleep now. it was ruined.

as chan got up to do his routine, jisung rubbed his eyes viscously and yawned too. his drowsiness was too strong to even attempt to get up, so instead he went to grab his phone.

he turned to his side, unlocking his device to aimlessly check it. his eyes instantly went to the text notifications he got.

he felt his heart twist and the tiredness suddenly go away. he was wide awake.

minho: you were serious?

jisung read the first text and instantly recognized the tiny mistake he made.

after mentioning going over chan's at the ramen place, he really didn't mention it again nor confirm that was what he was actually going to do. and to make matters worse, he left the dorm after minho fell asleep.