40

Yoongi was actually nervous.
In walked the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, in his entire life.
Perfectly styled auburn hair, cascading in soft waves down her shoulders, simple, but exquisit, outfit, a white, long sleeved blouse with a pink, plaid skirt that showcased her legs, that went on for days!
Yoongi silently thanked Taehyung for forcing him to buy a new suit.
And actually wear it!
"Min Yoongi?" she asked as he stood up to greet her.
"Ho Jangmi?" he wanted confirmation, and she nodded.
Should he kiss her cheeks, or? What should he do?!
He kissed her cheeks.
Like the suave, continental, man of the world he was...
"Nice to meet you." he said. Also he was thankful for his deep voice right now. He wanted to come across as manly.
For once.
And not just, cute.
"Can I get you anything to drink?" he asked as she sat down, winding her long legs together in an impossible pretzel.
"A glass of Pinot Grigio?" she smiled at the waiter, Yoongi had called over.
"Make it two." Yoongi said, when the waiter turned to him.

"So," Jangmi began when they'd gotten their drinks, "Jiwoo tells me you're a game developer?"
"Mhm." he acknowledged, "I have a small firm that focuses on developing special, you know what, it's pretty boring, I write code and I troubleshoot." he shrugged.
"Successful, I hear?"
"I do ok." he shrugged again. "What about you? Jiwoo told me you two were business associates?"
"Yes." she smiled, "I own a small chain of beauty salons, Scarlet Rose?"
Yoongi nodded to the foyer, "Like, the one in there?"
"Mm." she took a sip of wine.
Silence.
Fuck.
How did you, you know?
Do this?
Yoongi supressed a smile at his own suckieness.
"I'm sorry," he said, "I don't," he shook his head, smiling, "I've never actually been on a blind date before? And I have no idea how to do this, so I'm sorry!"
"Oh, thank God!" she sighed, smilingly, "Neither have I!"

Things got a lot easier after that.
Talking about the struggles of owning your own businesses, how hard it was to find time to get to know new people, people getting the wrong idea about you for being successful at a somewhat young age.
They could even talk about why they were still single and realised they had similar reasons, "Well, let me tell you something, oppa," Jangmi winked to make sure he knew she was teasing him with the honorific, that he hated, which he'd told her, "a lot of guys say they like a strong, successful woman," she took a sip of wine, "they don't." she shook her head. "They may be impressed with you, and find you attractive? Maybe even want to bed you? But they don't want a relationship with you."
Yoongi didn't say anything. He lacked experience on the subject.
Jangmi sighed, "I'm beginning to suspect it's because they don't want to risk being one-upped." she confided, "Like it's some sort of competition?"
She paused and shrugged.
"Or, I just suck at relationships?"
"Yeah. That's totally it." Yoongi teased, "I mean of course it's not scaredy men having trouble with their masculinity, why would it possibly be that?" he grinned.
She whipped her head back and laughed, "'Cause scaredy men with masculinity problems doesn't exist? I thought you knew that?" she wiped her eyes from laughing so hard.
"Let me one-up you, sister," Yoongi grinned, "not only does every straight guy I get to know challenge my masculinity, women tend to question it when they realise all my closest friends are super gay." he nodded.
"All of 'em?"
"Yup."
"Huh." she sat back, "How does that even happen?" she wanted to know, "Do you hand pick them specially, or, is it a requirement, or?"
"You know," Yoongi leaned forward, "you're the first person to actually ask me that? And I have no idea!" he smiled, "But I blame Jiwoo." he squinted his eyes, menacing, "It's obviously her fault her baby brother, my best friend, is totally gay. Obviously." he nodded.
She chuckled, "How long have you known eachother?"
"Since before we were born." Yoongi laughed, "Our mothers are bffs."
"Ah." she looked at him, quite fondly, if he interpreted it correctly, "You know, Jiwoo warned me you could be a bit, tsundere? But I don't feel that to be true at all!"
"Well, she's not wrong." Yoongi confessed, "I usually am."
"So, why haven't you been tonight?"
"I don't know?" he got lost in thought.
"Do you wanna go out with me when we get back home?" she suddenly asked.
"Yes." Yoongi nodded, "Do you wanna come meet all of my gay friends?" he motioned towards the bar on the other side of the street.
"Yes." she said, "But all of them? They're all here?"
Yoongi nodded, "Two of the couples just got engaged, so we all went on a pre-nup-moon, as Hoseok calls it,"
"That's Jiwoo's brother, right? Hoseok?"
"Yeah."
"But you were saying?"
"I was saying something?"
Jangmi nodded.
"Well, I can't remember, let's go say hi!" he stood up and reached for her. Holding a light hand on the small of her back as they left.
Even though she was wearing heels, she was still a little bit shorter than Yoongi. He felt completely shallow for appreciating that fact.
But he did.