33

🔥

Taehyung was stood looking out over the city through the big panoramic window in Minho's apartment.
Well, Hobi's too, but they hadn't gotten around to moving his stuff in there yet, but, he had a key.
At least.
And slept there, most nights.
When in town.

"What's on your mind?" Minho asked as he came over and took a stand beside Tae.
Jungkook was helping Hobi over in the kitchen and they were chatting away like two chipmunks in there.
Taehyung sighed, "Oh, you know," he shrugged, "normal things, getting a new law passed, death treaths, carreer paths, living arrangements, bodyguards 'nd stuff."
"Ah." Minho chuckled.
"Mm."
"And?"
Taehyung sighed even deeper than before, "I can't seem to connect with my brother anymore."
"What do you mean?"
"You know that saying, 'the lights are on, but nobody's home'? Tae looked at Minho.
"Yeah?"
"Yeah, it's like that, but without the stupid." Tae turned to him, "Like he's pretending to, acting the part but without conviction."
"He might be." Minho agreed, and looked at Tae, "Because he loves you, so incredibly much, but, being in therapy?"
"Yeah. I know." Tae again sighed, "It makes you self-centered in a way that's hard to comprehend. I should know." he shrugged.
"But?" Minho insisted.
"I don't know," Tae heard himself sigh yet again, "it feels," he had to think, "it feels like there's something else going on in there as well, and I have no clue as to what." he confessed.
"Hm." Minho looked out again, "Well," he shrugged, "he's not you, and Lord knows there was a lot in there to begin with, but, if you feel there's something else going on, there probably is." Minho looked at Tae again, "No one, not even Jin himself, knows him better than you do."
"I know." Tae nodded, "I just wish there was something I could do, you know?"
"Want me to?" Minho used his index finger to illustrate what he ment, "Poke around?"
"Just be his friend?" Taehyung asked, "He needs one he's not related to or, you know, screwing?"
"Ok." Minho smiled and put his arm around Tae for a little squeeze, and sighed, "You know he's?" he felt compelled to say.
"Yeah." Tae sighed in agreement, "But I honestly think he's just a bit confused because he likes you, and wants you as a friend." he looked up at Minho, "And 'cause you're totally hot and he might be a little bit attracted to you." he shrugged, "He doesn't get out much." he snickered.
"Yeah, I figured." Minho confessed, "I can handle it." he promised and gave Tae's shoulders another squeeze, "So, whattaya think?" he asked, all business again, "Wanna become our neighbours?"
"You sure you don't mind?" Tae looked up at Minho, "I mean, you know what I mean."
"I like having people around me," Minho assured him, "makes me miss my family a lot less, and besides, it's not like we're becoming roomies or something. I'm sure you'll survive on your own." he laughed, "And those two," he nodded towards the kitchen, "could certainty use a workout buddy, I mean, I keep in shape, but." he shivered.
"Yeah, I know." Taehyung laughed, "It's bloody murder!"

"Thank you for inviting us over for dinner, tonight." Taehyung was cuddled up beside Jungkook at one end of the surprisingly roomy couch, "I think we could all use a bit more normalcy at the moment." he smiled.
"You're welcome." Minho smiled back, from the other end, having Hobi leaned against him, "And yes, I think you're right, and besides, it's nice to have people over." he grew serious, "I think I may have started to turn into an coldhearted android before I met you guys, I mean, it was all eat, sleep, and work, and I was happy with that?" he shuddered, "So thank you for welcoming me into your little gang. And disturbing my circles."
"Yes, well," Hobi grinned, "I'm really happy you liked us all, 'cause I would've had to leave Team Dick, had you not!" he turned to kiss Minho on the side of his nose, "And I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that you don't feel threatened by my friendship with Yoongi!"
"He's your brother." Minho shrugged as an explanation.
"Yes." Hobi giggled, and kissed his cheek.
"Honestly, Hobbs," Taehyung argued, "I don't think you could've fallen madly in love like this with someone who didn't like your friends." he winked.
"Or the other way around." Jungkook nodded along, "Like that long distance, colon." he shivered.
"Colon?" Hobi shrieked, "That's the best description I've ever heard!" he laughed.
"Can I ask," Taehyung began a bit hesitantly,
"What?" Hobi was still chuckling.
"It's just," Tae paused,
"Why did I get involved with a colon?" Hobi again laughed.
"Sheah." Tae chuckled on an exhale, having not wanted to word his question.
He still wanted to know, though.
"Well," Hobi began and got more comfortable in Minho's arms, "I was young," he shrugged, "and horny." he giggled, "And he was very experienced and straightforward and, well, you know, sex." he laughed, "I mean some of us in this room were constantly up eachother's asses at that age, if you know what I mean!"
"Hey!" Both Taehyung and Jungkook protested.
"What were you, like seventeen?" Minho laughed.
"Yeah." Hobi agreed, "About to turn eighteen if I'm not mistaken."
"Oh, God, the hormones." Minho groaned, making them all laugh again.
"Mhm," Hobi agreed, "and, he was a total bottom, and, omg, all we did was screw." Hobi laughed, "Didn't take me long to realise he was an total ass, too, though, so I ended it."
"Thank God." Taehyung commented, "I never told you, but I practically had to fight myself free of the guy at a party, just after you broke up." Tae shivered, "He was very insistant."
"What the hell!" Hobi and Jungkook shouted in unison, leaning forward, almost standing up.
"Yes, well," Taehyung inspected his nails, "as we all know, a knee in the junk does the trick every time!" he bragged.
"OMG, Yes!" Hobi high-fived him.
"Did he puke?" Jungkook wanted to know.
"Almost." Taehyung nodded, proud of himself.
"Good." Jungkook squeezed him tight and kissed him on the back of the head.