20

🔥

They were fighting.
For the first time really fighting.
Taehyung had never felt more belittled and tossed to the side than right now.
He couldn't believe what an ASS Jungkook was being.
Dismissing everything Tae said and directing him to the sidelines.

"I've got nothing to say in the matter?" Tae asked, hurt, tired, disappointed, that Jungkook didn't understand the importance of this.
"Well, you didn't listen to me when you decided to drop out of school and go and live with Yoongi for a year."
"That was to protect you! To keep you from being exposed and shunned and banned from your sport, your dream, everything!"
"AND DON'T YOU GET IT? I'M DOING THIS TO PROTECT YOU! TO KEEP YOU OUT OF THE FIRE!"
"YOU DON'T TRUST ME, TO HOLD MY OWN?"
"YOU ALMOST DIED THE LAST TIME TAEHYUNG! YOU'RE NOT STRONG ENOUGH!"
"FUCK YOU! BEING DEPRESSED HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WEAKNESS!"

"I can't listen to this." Jin was freaking out, getting up to barge in on the kids.
"Baby, you need to let them sort this out on their own!" Namjoon hindered Jin from stalking in there.
"They're hurting eachother!"
"Yes."
"What the hell, Namjoon? This could break them!"
"Yes."
"You want them to break?! Are you insane?!"
"No! Of course not! But this is their relationship, Jin! They need to be able to fight and disagree and patch things up between them! It's important!"
"AND WHAT IF THEY CAN'T?"
"THEN THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS!"
"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!"
"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY?"

"Well, this is fun? Should we do something?" Hobi fretted, down in the kitchen when the shouting started up again.
"Should we? I. It's not really my place? I don't think?" Minho said.
"I wish Yoongi was here." Hobi curled up in a tight ball, hunching down on the floor, "He'd know what to do."
"What would he do? If he were here?"
"Don't know?" Hobi answered, but suddenly heard Yoongi's voice inside his head, 'Break it up.' it said, 'They don't know how to fight.'
"Hold me?"
"Excuse me?" Minho looked at him with surprise.
"Oh, sorry!" Hobi said, "Did I say that out loud? I was just talking to Yoongi." he pointed to his head.
"Oh. What did he say?"
"To break it up." Hobi confessed standing up and let out a shrill wistle, "EVERYONE IN THE KITCHEN RIGHT NOW!" he yelled, "Now what?" he looked at Minho.
"Speak your truth?" Minho suggested.

"WHAT?" Jungkook shout hissed as he came stalking into the kitchen.
"Sit. Down." Hobi said, no nonsense, and pointed at a chair.
Jungkook pouted but did as Hobi ordered, sulking.
"All of you." Hobi motioned the rest of the combatants.
"Maybe I should leave?" Minho started, but Hobi put a hand on his arm, "Stay, please?" He could use the moral support.
"Ok." Minho sighed and resumed his post, leaning against the kitchen counter beside Hobi.
Hobi took a deep breath and collected himself, speak your truth? Wtf? He massaged his eyebrows, "I get that we're all on edge right now," he began, "but people, please! Y'all are not really mad at eachother, you're mad at the world. And so am I! But yelling at eachother isn't going to do anyone any favours!"
"I distinctly remember someone yelling at Jimin over the phone not so long ago." Jungkook moped, looking down in his lap.
"Yes." Hobi sighed, "Because I was angry with him for something he did to me."
"Yeah, but," Jungkook protested.
"Tzip!" Hobi said zipping his mouth at him, instantly silencing him, "You're not angry with Taehyung, you're worried about him."
"YEAH BUT WHAT IF HE GOES OF THE RAILS AGAIN AND,"
"OMG, LISTEN TO YOURSELF! WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU GET OFF TELLING ME,"
"CHILDREN! STOP THIS RIGHT NOW,"
"JIN! BUTT OUT OF THIS, PLEASE, THIS ISN'T,"

The shouting started again.
"This went well." Hobi said sarcastically.
"Want me to?" Minho gestured towards the battlefield.
"Please? I'm begging you!"
Minho slammed his hand down onto the kitchen table, "PEOPLE!" he shouted, making everyone flinch. Including Hobi.
"Settle down." he said calmly, and everyone sat down again.
"Do you trust eachother?" he asked, "That's what this is all about." Minho looked at Jungkook, "Do you trust Taehyung to know his boundaries, and get the work done?" he looked at Jin, "Do you trust your kids to figure out what will work for them?" he turned to Namjoon "Do you trust Jin to soften the blows for your kids without interfering with their relationship?"
Minho sighed, "If the answer is no, then by all means, keep fighting." he waved his hand, "But if it's yes, I suggest you start talking to eachother. About what you're really afraid of and worried about."
All four of them nodded in syncronisation, making a crooked smile appear on Minho's lips, as they got up to leave.
"Thank you." Hobi said, eternally grateful.
"Don't mention it." Minho smiled, putting a hand on Hobi's arm as he left the kitchen, seemingly preoccupied, "Jungkook, a word?" Hobi heard him ask.