Chapter 60: The Runaway Bride

(She's so pretty, I can't even. I love you, Donna Noble! You were the best companion to have ever been on the entire show!)

After they had landed, they were immediately aware of the very incorrect location. "I said Saint Mary's. What sort of Martians are you? Where's this?" Donna said, not having been heard by the distracted travelers.

"Something's wrong with her. It's like she's recalibrating, or digesting." the Doctor said as he checked over what he could.

Echo ran a comforting hand along the edge of the console. "What's wrong, my dove? Why don't you feel good?" she asked with genuine concern and affection.

"Donna? You've really got to think. Is there anything that might've caused this?" the Doctor asked. At the time, the red head had gone outside and noticed something impossible. She even made the traditional circle around the Tardis. "Anything you might've done? Any sort of alien contacts? I can't let you go wandering off. What if you're dangerous? I mean, have you-- have you seen lights in the sky, or did you touch something like something, something different, something strange? Or something made out of a box of metal? Who are you marrying? Are you sure he's human? He's not a bit overweight with a zip around his forehead, is he? Donna?" He then finally noticed how quiet the human woman was being. "Donna!"

As they ran after her, Donna simply couldn't cope with the reality of such dimensional impracticality as she walked away with tears threatening to form. "Leave me alone. I just want to get married." she said, clearly shaken up.

"How about you come back to the Tardis and have some tea?" Echo then offered, not liking her to be in such a mood. It was her wedding day. It was supposed to be special.

But she immediately denied. "No way. That box is too weird."

"It's bigger on the inside, that's all." the Doctor said, trying to be comforting the best he knew how.

"Oh! That's all?" she asked with heavy sarcasm as she checked the time. "Ten passed three. I'm going to miss it." she said fearfully.

"I'd offer you to use my phone, but I kinda took it apart so I could watch some interdimensional cable in a drunken stupor. Now I can't find all the pieces and have to start from scratch. Again." Echo informed absently as she looked around at their surroundings.

The Doctor furrowed his brow. "Haven't you got a mobile?" he asked of the severely unhappy bride.

She gave him a look of incredulity. "I'm in my wedding dress. It doesn't have pockets. Who has pockets? Have you ever seen a bride with pockets? When I went to my fitting at Chez Alison, the one thing I forget to say is give me pockets!" she argued.

Echo nodded, "Well, there is always in your cleavage. Or strap it to your thigh. But now that you mention it, if I ever get hitched I'm definitely putting pockets in. If I don't wear a suit, that is." she rambled mainly to herself. She wasn't even aware of the fond grin of amusement her love adorned from her comments.

"This man you're marrying. What's his name?" he then inquired curiously of the red head.

"Lance." Donna replied with her own infatuation showing.

"Good luck, Lance." he then muttered with his own heavy sarcasm.

Echo lightly smacked him upside his head, "Behave."

Donna glared at him without a second's worth of delay. "Oi! No stupid Martians are going to stop me from getting married. To hell with the both of you!" she then stormed away.

The Doctor cringed a bit, "We're, we're not, we're not from Mars." he complained as they both then chased after her yet again.

Once on the crowded sidewalk beside the busy road, they all tried to hail a taxi. But no matter what they did, it was a fruitless effort. "I don't get it. Why won't they stop?" Echo wondered after a fourth taxi had passed them by.