9.13 - What is snake essence disease?

*snake essence disease = nutjob, mad person (slang)

..__..__..__..__..__..__..__..__

  The moment he opened his eyes, the spiritual energy that had been dormant around him immediately spread out. With a flick of his sleeves, he saw that all the spiritual energy in the air was gathered into liquid and poured into a porcelain bottle not far away.

  Sitting on the futon, Chen Xiu flicked his fingers, and a ray of white light was stimulated to the stone door of the secret room. A small window was slightly exposed from the stone door. Suddenly, a snow-white paper crane flew in from the outside and stopped. On Chen Xiu's flat palm.

  Chen Xiu recognized it at a glance as the paper crane that he had given to Chenran before retreating. According to Chenran's character, he would not use this thing unless absolutely necessary, so now... something happened.

  Chen Xiu's eyes flashed, the paper crane moved its beak, and the voice of Sect Master Chenran came out.

  Come to the meeting hall quickly.

  Chen Xiu stood up, put away the new gifts he had made for his young apprentice during the retreat, stepped out lightly, and his figure slowly disappeared into the secret room like the ripples of water.

  meeting hall

  Along with the faint ripples in the void, Chen Xiu suddenly appeared in front of him in black clothes.

  "Junior brother, you can gain something by retreating."

  "I have an occasional feeling that I don't know what the sect leader is calling for."

  Seeing that he had sat down, Chenran knew that he couldn't hide the matter even if he wanted to, so he said: "There is indeed an urgent matter in calling Junior Brother out of seclusion in a hurry today."

  "Um?"

  "It's about your apprentice Qing Hui."

  Chen Xiu's eyes were cold and he said, "What's wrong with Hui'er?"

  Qianchenxiu, who was in seclusion, was really worried that he would be bullied by his little apprentice when he was not around, so he left a lot of good things for him, including many life-saving charms.

  Moreover, the storage ring he gave to his young apprentice also contained one of his natal essences, which could protect the young apprentice from a full blow from a monk in the Tribulation Stage. Once his natal essence was used, he would immediately sense it, but During the period of seclusion, he didn't sense the passive defense of this thing at all.

  Chenran pursed his lips and said, "Qing Hui was kidnapped by Mo Wutian when he went out for training."

  Click——

  Almost as soon as he said these words, Chen Xiu crushed the arm of the armchair in his hand.

  The murderous aura that rose from the sky erupted from Chen Xiu's body and swept across the entire meeting hall in an instant. Countless things turned into powder and returned to nothingness under this terrifying suppression.

  Knock knock knock——

  "Wu Lingkong, the sect master calls you to the meeting hall." The voice of the messenger came from outside the door.

  Wu Lingkong, who was sitting cross-legged on the couch, slowly opened his eyes.

  The fact that Wu Lingkong's foundation was abolished was widely circulated on the day he returned to the sect. Of course, there are still many people who are skeptical about this rumor and want to verify it in person, but they suffer from the fact that he was placed on the main peak to recuperate. The rumors have never been confirmed personally.