Samon x Reader: Silent but Deadly

I had no idea what to name the chapter. The chapter name doesn't even have anything to do with the OneShot really.

It was often quiet. Specifically I'm building 6. It's surprising yes.

Usually the other buildings are pretty loud. Even headquarters. Either it's the inmates, guards, Nanba staff, it's always noisy in someway.

Building 6 however? It's silent. The supervisor is quiet as well. Even wears a mask. Anyways, your supervisor needed someone to fill in for him at his meeting. That someone is you. Which, brings us here.

'I just got here and already it's so loud.' You mentally sighed. The other supervisors, along with others attending the meeting, all chatted with one another. Either simply chatting or arguing, they made noise. Yeah, you didn't like it.

"You all may come in now!" Mitsuru bursts through the doors joyfully.

The other guards get up and walk in. Most of them gave you glances. You ignored them and went to the seat with your supervisors nameplate on it.

Once everyone was settled, the meeting began.

"I thank you for taking the time to attend this meeting. Now, let's get this over with. I don't have much time. So I apologize that it gonna be rushed." Warden Hyakushiki states.

"Warden, may I ask who our guest is, filling in for building 6?" Supervisor Mitsuba notions to you.

The others looked at you. On the outside, you held up your ground. On the inside, your soul might have shrivelled up.

"I understand your curiosity. She's not the first guard to fill in for a supervising officer." The Warden said, silently referring to Mao. "She is the deputy supervisor of building 6. Officer (L/n). Supervisor Damian is unable to make it so she will be filling in for him. I hope you all respect her just as well with your fellow supervisor."

"Yes ma'am." They all nod.

Your eyes traveled along the table. You lazily gazed at the supervisors face and features. Then, someone on the other end of the table from you caught your attention. He sat almost across from you, just two seats to the left. His eyes stared back into yours.

-----Time Skip-----

The meeting has finally ended and you are free to go back to your designated buildings and or other destinations the guards please. Of course those options were limited since they are practically stranded in the middle of the ocean.

You we're relieved to be leaving. You couldn't wait to go back to the peaceful wonderland if building 6.

"Hey!" Someone calls down the halls.

Stopping, you glance back and take a look down the hallway after leaving the waiting room to the meeting room.

You recognized the supervisor. It was the same guy you locked eyes with during the meeting. He skidded to a stop when finally reaching you.

"Yes?" You turned fully to him. You had too. If you didn't, that would be disrespectful.

"Your name. I only got your last name in there. Sorry for bugging you, I've just never seen you around here, that's all." He says almost shyly.

"(Y/n). Now if you'll excuse me supervisor, I must head back to my building immediately." You bow in respect and continue on to your destination.

"Mind if I walk with you to the train station? I was gonna head to my building myself." He says.

You glance back and take notice of the green armband on his left arm. '5' is imprinted on it, representing which building he works in.

"Sure. If it's okay with you supervisor." You nod. He holds back a smile and speeds up to you. Together, you walked at a comfortable pace to the train station.

"How long have you worked at Nanba for?" He asks.

"About three years now." You reply simply.

"Three years? I only saw you an hour ago? Where have you been hiding this entire time?" He half jokes.

"I'm not a social person. I don't really go outside much unless necessary. I like it in building 6 as well. It's peaceful there." You shrug.

"I see." He nods.

After a few more minutes, you made it to the train station. He was gonna head on the train heading towards building 5 and 6, when he turned around and you weren't there.

"What the?" He looks around the area.

He took his off of you for only a few short seconds. Now...you're just gone .

"(Y/n)." He calls. He ignores the other guards who gave him strange looks.

He was more focused on finding you, that he didn't realize the train was already leaving. He didn't want to ditch you but he also didn't wanna hang around the station for an hour just for the train to come back.

Looking at his train leave, he sees you sitting on the left aisle, by the window.

He stares at you flabbergasted. Just...how the hell did you get there so fast? You we're behind him when he took his eyes off of you to check for the next train.

It's a mystery. For some reason, he kinda liked it. He couldn't wait to one day meet you again. He wondered what your trick was to being so fast and quiet.

Samon's eyes widen. 'Is this...what it feels like to have a crush on someone?' He held his fist over his heart.