Samon x Reader: New Years Wish

"Yo. Should I go?" You walked up to your supervisor.

"Yeah. You're most qualified so it's best." Samon nods.

Once everything was set up, you entered the 'field' with no.71 behind you.

"You know what you're doing right?" You looked over your shoulder at him.

"Yup. Don't really think I'd be able to do it though. I can't read Japanese kanji." He shrugs.

"Yeah will neither can I so we will both be losers together." You both high five with amusing smiles.

You might be more qualified to play Hyakuniinishu, but you have a few tricks up your sleeves. That is why Samon chose you for this round.

"I'm counting on you. Do your absolute best." Samon quietly talks to himself.

He had faith in you. He knew you would be able to do this. You might not understand kanji but you are quick to notice things. Sort of like inmate no.11 in the recent match against the inmates from building 3.

Soon, the match began. It was building 5 against building 2.

"Nya~ so your my opponent." Mao sits across from you.

"Of course its you." You glare at your 'friend'.

"Yes me. Why so disappointed? Were you hoping that Samon wouldn't see you with your ex boyfriend." He teases. He knew about your crush on your supervisor.

"Shut up cat." You grumble.

The match began. Qi seemed to be doing good on his end. With you though? The match was pretty much even. It sucked that Mao had the same technique you do.

"Got it." He holds up the right card.

You look at him shocked. Soon, that turned into annoyance.

"Come on! I know you got this!" Samon cheers you on.

You look back and lock eyes with your supervisor. With a determined expression, you went back to focusing on the game.

The tables have switched. Completely. You had the upper hand now.

Before Mao knew it, building 5 was moving onto the next round.

"How..."He trails off almost devastated.

"Samon! Did you see me! I was able to beat him!" You run over and hug your supervisor.

"That was great. I knew you could do it." He hugs back.

"So you aren't useless after all." Upa looks up at Qi.

"I'm surprised you won that match." Liang comments.

"Thanks for the encouragement." Qi says sarcastically.

"You really are amazing, you know that?" Samon whispers in your ear.

"Thanks. Now aren't you gonna go out there to compete in too spinning?" You smile.

"Yeah. Are you gonna cheer me on?" He rests his forehead against yours.

"Of course." You whisper gently.

Soon, your lips met.

Your New Years wish came true. Samon loves you too.