Mitsuru x Reader: Break Downs

"What do you mean it's not approved!?" You slammed your hand on the wardens desk.

She kept her posture, staring at you with those deep, red eyes. It was almost like she could see right through your soul.

"I meant what I said. You're dismissed." She turns around in her chair.

"But-!"

"Dismissed!"

--------Time Skip--------

Grumbling to yourself, you glared at the floor as you speed walked to the only place that can calm you.

"Oh my fucking god, get out of my way!" You angrily shouted at a guard that just walked out of headquarters monitoring room.

Before the guard could muster up an apology, you slammed the door shut behind you.

"That wasn't very nice of you (Y/n)." Mitsuru smiles.

"Does it look like I care?" You raised an eye brow at him, still annoyed.

Raising his hands in defence, he nods, "Calm down girl. Now what's-"

"The warden won't even try and persuade the higher ups to at least concider my report. That's what's wrong." You paced back in fourth angrily.

He only nods, "The one you've been working on for the past few months?"

"Yes! I traveled all around Japan to make that report. I spent thousands of dollars just to complete that report. What I covered, is all on that report. I practically gave my life away just to make that report. That report. Stupid report. Stupid....life." You broke down.

Tears flowed like waterfalls as you cried to yourself. Sliding to the floor, you leaned against the wall as you cried.

"Hey now, it's alright. At least now you get to relax more right?" Mitsuru leans to your level, comforting you to the best of his abilities.

Leaning against him, you cried, "But I sacrificed so much just for this report. I missed Christmas, the tournament, valentine's, my anniversary. In pretty sure he's gonna want a divorce now for not being there all the time."

He hugs you closer, "Aw come on. I don't think he's gonna want to divorce. He loves you too much to ever do that."

Hitting his chest, you mumble through tears, "No, shredhead. Our marriage has been falling apart for the past two years. We work too much and something we promised each other was that we'd spend more time with one another but I can't even keep that promise."

He pats your back, soothing you, "I'm sure he'll understand. I could always talk to him. He is my best buddy after all."

Sniffling, you crack a smile, "Really?"

"Of course girl. And if he doesnt, you ad I could always marry each other."

Giggling, you push him, "We made that promise in like, the fifth grade."

He chuckles, "So? We did make a deal that if either of us were single by the time we were thirty, we'd marry each other."

"Cool. I'll let you know then." You laugh standing up.

"You feel better now, mrs.Sugoroku?" He asks, standing up along side you.

"Yeah. Aritaou." You hugged him before heading to the door. "I'm gonna go visit Hajime. Maybe we could talk it out."

"I'm that doenst work, I'll be sure to keep up my end of the bargain." He salutes to you.

You flash a smile, closing the door behind you.

He sighs.

Walking over to a seat at the monitors, "Am I a bad friend if I wish for their marriage to go down hill just so I could marry her?" He questions to himself.

After a moment, he answers his own question, "Yes I am but technically Hajime became the bad friend first. I've hand my eye on her since childhood and he swoops in and takes her away." He chuckles to himself.

"My best friend is happy, my childhood crush is happy, then I guess I'm happy." It pained him, but he put your happiness-along with Hajime's-before his own.