Kiji x Reader: Stand Up

I did the best I could. Also I gave her the note :)
--

Trying your best not to slip, you ran as fast as you can through the rain.

Nearing an allyway, you looked around before running down-of course it resulting in a dead end. That didn't really natter to you though. As long as you were hidden away, then it's fine.

Apon walking closer, the smell of garbage made you cringe in disgust.

Deciding to turn around and hide somewhere else, you freeze when hearing footsteps nearing rather rapidly.

'Crap.' You mentally cursed.

You ran back towards the horrible smell of trash. Finding a garbage bag, you pulled it aside to sit in its place. Your bottom got wet as soon as you sat down though.

"Fucking hell." You gritted your teeth.

Pulling the bag, you set it in front of you. You had hope that he would just run by.

And thank god he did.

You saw a taller figure just run by, a colourful umbrella shielding him from the rain above.

Slouching, you let out a sigh of relief.

"Just quit. You don't have what it takes to be here."

His words echoed in your mind. You brought your hands to your ears, trying to block out everything and concentrate on some other thought that hurt less.

Never have you thought that Kiji Mitsuba, a proud guard of its place, would say such cruel words. His shrieks of demands and cries of fury were something just about everyone at Nanba heard. They had trust in him though. Trust that he would never disown another comrad. But boy were they wrong.

You hiccuped.

Your hand immediately flew to your mouth.

After a moment of shock, you hesitantly touched the area beneath your eye.

"What is this?" You murmur.

Your eyes widened, "Tears?"

You were so shocked, you didn't even notice the footsteps coming closer and closer and the lack of rain.

"You're gonna get sick if you stay out here much longer." A voice spoke.

Gasping, you look up and see Kiji holding his umbrella over your head.

Lowering your gaze, you spoke, "I don't want your advice." Stubbornness. That's something you sometimes hated about yourself. You admit, you really needed help right now but you didn't want to crack now. Especially because of your supervisor.

"It is needed." He spoke once more.

Silence.

Shifting awkwardly, you make a face of disgust when remembering just where you are sitting.

"It'll take you to your apartment." He offers with a smile.

Looking up, you glare. "Alright, but only because you don't seem to be going anywhere any time soon."

He smiled. The guard was about to speak when you continued.

"But I'll have you know, that I won't quit. I might not be as strong or fast as everyone else, but I am dedicated to this job just as much as all of you." You point a finger at him, determination in your eyes.

Kiji blinks. It took a moment to process but when he understood, he nods. "Whatever."

Taking a step closer to him, you let him walk you home.

You glanced at him a couple of times, and always looked away stubbornly if he caught you looking.

'You've found your courage. That's what it takes, to be a proud nanba officer.' Kiji smiles to himself.

---EXTENDED---

"A date?" You titled your head.

Kiji smiles, "Yes."

Pondering about it for a moment, you shrug. "Alright. That doesn't sound too bad."

"That's wonderful darling! Now stay still! Your mascara needs to dry!"