Kiji x Reader x Ruka: Another Chance pt.2

"(Y/n)!" Ruka ran down the halls of building 3.

"Hey Ruka." Your smile quickly flipped upside down, "Be careful! You might fall! Those heels look pretty high up." You say worriedly.

"I'll be fine. Also thank you. I guess you've noticed my new boots?" He does a pose, showing off his new kicks.

You giggle, "Of course."

"(Y/n), Ruka, what are you two doing?" Kiji walks out of his office.

"I was just stopping by to visit." You smile.

"I just returned from my errand run." Ruka says.

"I see. Oh are those new boots? Quite glamorous I might say." Kiji leans down, inspecting Ruka's new boots with interest.

"You seem to be getting a lot of attention with your new boots Ruka." You chuckle.

"I suppose. It's only been the two of you though. Not that I mind (Y/n)-senpai." Ruka smiles with a blush.

Neither of you noticed it, but Kiji through a glare at Ruka.

You sent him a closed eye smile. A signature thing you do. You couldn't help but adore that even after all these years, Ruka still insists to add 'senpai' to your name. He does it to Kiji too. He doesn't say it all the time though.

"Kiji-senpai, shall I make my rounds?" Ruka asks permission. He still had some respect to him, even if Ruka himself has an attitude.

"Yes. A guard had just finished his rounds about an hour ago. You can go right ahead." Kiji motions to wear the hallways with all the inmates cells are.

"Yes." Ruka nods.

You watch with Kiji as he practically skips to the door. He's in a pretty good mood. Probably because of the new boots.

"He's changed so much since that whole thing with Enki a year back." Kiji says.

"I never even exactly knew him until a few months ago, yet I can still see a change." You admit.

"How does that work?" Kiji asks.

"I dunno. I guess a few memories from high school are slowly making their way back into my brain." You knock on your head jokingly.