Yamato x Reader: Fluffy Memories

You sat with Yamato in the guard room. Head held down, feeling so small and weak compared to everyone else, you fiddled with the end of your ruffled skirt. It wasn't any too girl, more of something Japanese pop idols wear.

"You seem quite uncomfortable. Is everything alright?" Yamato asked in his usual loud-yet somehow soothing-voice.

You glance up at him out of the corner of your eye. Nodding, you reply, "Yup. Just the anxiety again"

"Again you say. Is their something you're not telling? You've been getting like this a lot lately." Yamato places down his cup of tea.

Standing up in a hurry, you shift around, feeling hot, feeling dizzy, and panting slightly. "I'm fine. I'll see you later okay?" You quickly leave the room.

Yamato watches as you take off, "Married for over a year and I still can't figure her out sometimes."

--------Time Skip--------

You sat outside the apartment complex, sitting on a bench. You needed this right now.

The peaceful atmosphere quickly turned when rustling could be heard from the bushes.

You stand up out of shock. Looking to your right, you watch in fear as the leaves and twigs seemed to push each other around.

It then jumped out at you.

"Ah!" You fall back with a shriek.

You didn't hit the ground like you expected. Instead, feeling strong arms catch on you. Holding you protectively.

"Since when we're you afraid of rabbit's?" Yamato questions.

Opening your eyes, you stare up at your savior.

Looking at the beast that tried to attack you, you paled. Not in fear, but because you felt like an idiot.

A fluffing fluffy rabbit.

After recovering from your wounded pride, you take a closer look at the creature.

"It looks injured." You say.

You hop out of Yamato's arms a crawl over to the rabbit. It backed away but limped.

"It's okay. I won't hurt you." You say softly, crawling slower to it.

It was a silly thought but, the rabbit reminded you of yourself.

The rabbit stood still, still feared but willing to let you touch it.

You carefully picked up and white ball of fluff, and held it close to you. You tried your best to inspect it's leg.

"The rabbit's bleeding Yamato." You gasp.

"There's no place where we can bring the rabbit to get proper treatment. We're gonna have to look after it ourselves. So I'll go get a towel and some supllies." Yamato gets uo, quickly running inside the building.

You thought about what he said. You were thinking about just taking the rabbit to Dr.Otogi when realization hit you.

"We could make rabbit soup."

Just picturing Okina suggesting that made you feel disgusted.

Looking down at the delicate animal, you smiled, "I suppose taking care of you will be like taking care of a baby. It would be great preparation for us. Just don't tell Yamato yet okay?"