Chapter 23 Part 2 Arrival

All that night Yuki, couldn't stop thinking about being near Zero. Even though she was determined not to make her expectations high. She couldn't help but be happy to at least be near him. She couldn't help herself. She would have to do her best not to scare him off with her feelings. She knew he didn't feel that same as he once did. She just wondered if she could make him feel that way again. Or at least get something out of this. She couldn't imagine not having any kind of relationship with him at all. She did know that this time around. She would have to be mindful of Kaname's feelings. Things where different. She honestly didn't want to hurt Kaname this time. It was nothing like there relationship in the past. She didn't want to go back to that either. At the moment things were calm with them. Yuki having both her children. Both of them happy. SHe did worry now that she would have to share Ren with Zero. That he would want to take him away. Even just the thought hurt her deeply. She tried her best not to think bad thoughts. To just hope this all goes well.

The next morning, she gets up, getting everything ready for Zero's arrival. His quarters all cleaned and ready for him. Ren dressed and ready also. She even had preparations for dinner made up. It made her feel alive again.

That afternoon, the doorbell rings. Yuki walks over more nervous than she had ever been in her whole life. "Hello. Come in. Welcome to our home." Yuki says. "Thank you for having me." Zero replies. "Berta will take your things to your quarters. I will go get Ren for you." Yuki says. Doing her best to keep her cool. To not attack him with kisses or hugs. To keep her hands to herself. Zero just nods. Looking all around the manor. Taking in all the wonderful beautiful things it had. Never thinking he would live in such a place. Not to mention, be in a home with two purebloods. That he hated. Yuki walks downstairs holding a little boy in her arms. Zero knows right away its Ren. He never forgot him. Seeing that he is still the split image of himself. "My boy. How I have missed you. You have grown up a lot in the last eighteen months. How is my big boy?" Zero says. Ren just looking up at him. Not sure what is going on. "Would it be ok if I spend some time with him outside? I see there is a swing set?" Zero asks. "That's fine. I will leave you both alone to get to know each other again." Yuki says. "Thank you. That is very nice of you." Zero replies. Seeing she isn't as needy as when he first met her. Glad that she isn't. He had no feelings and her being a pureblood didn't help the situation. He just was trying to be nice because of there son. Not really saying how he really felt.. That he felt these two were sick twisted vampires. Him married to both of them? Them being purebloods? WTF was going on? He couldn't see himself doing this. No matter what.

Zero takes the little boy outside, Ai running out there too. Running into Zero's arms. Giving him a huge hug. He remembers her now as well. Spending time with both of them. Kaname just comes out of his office, watching Yuki, watching them through the window. "I thought there wouldn't be anything stopping you from being out there with them." Kaname says. "No, I am giving him, space. Letting him spend time with Ren. I think he feels uncomfortable around me. I am trying not to be so clingy. I do remember how he felt about vampires. I am sure that hasn't changed." Yuki admits. "That must be taking a lot of your control." Kaname says. "Yes, I know I have to start from scratch." Yuki admits. "That's good my dear. I am proud of you. I will see you at dinner. If you need anything else just let me know." Kaname answers.

Yuki spends the day, just looking at the window, happy that he is at least there. Watching him brings happiness to her heart. Him and the kids roughhousing outside. Laughing and spending time together. It's a good thing.

"It's Getting close to dinner everyone." Yuki says. "Ok, Come on guys. Let's get cleaned up for mommy. So we can sit down and have some dinner. " Zero replies. Walking in the house with both kids. "Thank you for letting me spend all afternoon with them. I really enjoyed it." Zero states. " No problem at all. I am sorry if you just wanted it to be you and Ren. I couldn't hold back Ai. She loves you as if you were her own father." Yuki confesses. "That's not a problem at all. I missed her as well. It was great being with the both of them. I'm going to go get cleaned up for dinner." Zero responds. Going to his quarters.

Yuki goes upstairs making sure the kids are ready for dinner. Them telling her how much fun they had with Zero. She just listens not saying much at all. Walking them downstairs to the dining room. Zero showing up as well, right behind her. He sees how she puts the food on the table. Getting the kids their food first, then herself. It brings back a memory. Of her at the townhouse doing the same thing. Then serving him. He sees it as clear as day. He just keeps it to himself. Still not sure about any of this.

"I saw you have help. Why do you cook? Isn't that too much trouble for a Pureblood as yourself?" Zero asks. "When we were together you taught me how to. I would always cook dinner for our family. So when I came back here, I wanted to keep it up. I enjoy it. " Yuki says. ignoring his sarcasm. "I taught you?" Zero says. "Yes, you are a very good cook. I would sit and help you cut up the veggies. Or anything you needed. I learned from watching you." Yuki answers. "Sounds nice."Zero replies. "It was. I cherish those memories." Yuki replies. The rest of the dinner going smoothly. Kaname keeping any remarks to himself. Doing his best to make this less awkward.

When dinner was done, Zero goes up to his quarters. Yuki cleans up, feeling the desire to be near him. Wanting more time with him. Just not knowing how to without pushing herself on him. This was hard for her. At the moment, it was as if he was just a guest at there  house not her husband.