Chapter 147 part 2 Changes

A few days go by, and Yuki doesn't hear anything from Zero. As the days go on, Kaname sees her going more and more downhill. No matter how hard she tries to hide it. Just one look at her and he knows inside she is falling apart. She doesn't cry in front of him or even show any emotion. She is cold as ice at times. He just knows that at night, when she heads to her own room its to cry herself to sleep. He can hear her, the pain, that runs through her. He knows this is no better than any other time. Even though she is trying to remain strong moving on with her daily life, life without him tears her apart. Taking piece by piece of the old sweet caring Yuki away. He knows if Zero never returns, she will never be the same. Even though she would be with him, he would never have the girl he once knew. He would have the woman that was created through all the suffering. To be honest, Kaname didn't want that. He didn't any of this. He hoped things would be different. That because their love grew, she would be ok with just him. He just sees more now than ever, how that will never be.

He also saw that even though Zero was gone, it didn't bring them any closer. Just father apart. She didn't sleep with him anymore moving into her own room. Not going to his or to Zeros. She would be polite and do anything he needed from her. Just not fully there. The happy bubbly living person she once was was gone. Replaced with a cold bitter none caring person. One even colder than him. He figured in order for her to survive Zero leaving with Ren. This is what she would have to be. He was just hoping that Zero would have better sense than to actually do that. Not only to her but to himself. He was sure he wasn't doing any better. He knew they both loved each other to no end.

She spent most days sitting in Kaname's office, looking over the work. Making sure nothing was brewing. It was the only thing to keep her sane. The house chores, she handed over to Berta and never took back. He would find her spending more and more time with Ren. Telling him how special he was and just how much she loved him. For him never to forget that no matter what. He was her miracle. Her heart.

Even though Kaname hated Zero to the fullest, in a way he hoped he didn't leave. Only because that meant he would take Ren with him. Leaving a big empty hole in Yuki's heart. That would never be fixed. He knew she would never be hole again.

As the weeks go by, Kaname sees that Yuki doesn't try to contact Zero. She lets him have his freedom. Taking her own, still filled with the pain of her own. Not only from him leaving but everything he has done.

Kaname notices now at night, Yuki leaves the house. Coming home all wee hours in the morning, smelling like booze, and cigarette smoke. He knows she is up to no good. He knows if this continues they will lose the girl they knew for good. Kaname's control is slipping. Knowing she is now doing everything to work off everything she once knew. Fighting who she was. He just didn't know what to do with her. He just hoped she would get over whatever she was going through and go back to being what she was. Hoping it wasn't too late.