Chapter 89 Part 2 Let's be real

What do you think?

Chapter 89 Part 2 Lets be real

Later in the afternoon, Ai comes knocking on Zero's Door. "Hello, my Pumpkin. What can I do for you?" Zero asks. "Daddy, Mother wanted me to ask you if you wanted to come to dinner tonight?" Ai asks. "That sounds very nice. Tell your mother, I would love to. I will be there." Zero answers. "Thank you, daddy. I have missed you being at our dinners." Ai states. "I missed being there. Maybe I can come to more. We will see." Zero comments. "I hope so daddy. I will see you in a bit." Ai responds. Giving Zero a big hug. Hopping back to the main house.

Zero feeling that was a good sign. Last nights conversation must have set in with Yuki. He was happy.

Later that night, Zero gets himself ready. Taking his shower. Then putting on his black dress pants, white dress shirt, opened three buttons. Smelling incredible. Doing it on purpose, he knew the way he made her feel. He was going to work on it. Get her to fall in love with him again. Nothing was going to stop him. He felt determined, confident and unwilling to lose.

He grabs his coat and heads out the door. Walking slowly to the main house. Zero just walks in, going into the dining room. Seeing Kaname at the table already. "Good Evening. We were expecting you for dinner." Kaname says. "Thanks for the invite." Zero replies. Taking his seat. "Where is Yuki?" Zero asks. "She is in the kitchen. She seems to be in very good spirits today. Anything happens I should know of?" Kaname asks. "We had a nice talk. It went without any fights. Maybe the time away was a good idea." Zero replies. "Maybe. I know she didn't tell me, but I could see she missed you." Kaname admits. Zero just looks at Kaname surprised he would admit that. "What? Why are you looking at me like that? Zero you seem to forget. I know how she really feels about you. I have been here the first time around. Watching her fade away because she wasn't with you. That just doesn't go away. I want to make her happy. I want to give her everything she wants and more. So if that includes you. So be it. It's not the first time you have been around. I am over trying to get rid of you." Kaname states. "I have been thinking about it as well. I guess. I am over getting rid of you also. I want to really try to make this work. I just need her to be willing." Zero responds. "You know she just wants to protect you. She wants to make sure you know what all this entails. And you're ok with it all." Kaname states. "I know."

As they are both sitting there, Both kids in their seats. Yuki walks in with Zero's Favorite. Ramen with Salt Broth in her hands. She just looks at Zero looking dashing. Her eyes can't remove themselves from him. "That smells wonderful Yuki," Zero says looking up at her. "I Know its something you really like. So I thought we would have it for dinner."Yuki answers. "Thank you." Zero replies. Yuki gives a bowl to everyone.

Dinner goes well, everyone talking and being nice to each other. Even Kaname, who engages with Zero. Talking about small things. Doing his best to put his feelings on the side to make this work. To make Yuki happy. To let her know if she truly wants Zero. Its possible.

After dinner, Zero and Yuki head upstairs to put both kids to bed. Something they haven't done together in a long time. Both kids very happy enjoying seeing their parents together. Without fighting. For the first time in a long time, without any tension between the two.

When they are done with that, Yuki heads downstairs to clean up. "May I help? Its the least I can do since you invited me to dinner." Zero says. "Sure. That sounds fine. If you like I can also make you a goodie bag to take with you?" Yuki asks. "That would be great. Thank you. Also, thank you for inviting me. It was a wonderful surprise." Zero states. "I have to admit, I enjoyed talking with you last night. I wanted to see you again." Yuki admits. "I am glad. I enjoyed it as well. Anytime you want to talk, you can come over. I am always open. That is if you want me to stay?"Zero asks. "What do you mean by stay?" Yuki asks. "Well, I mean if you want me to continue to live here. If not I will go back to my hunter's job and back to the city." Zero states. Yuki looks at him, his silver hair hanging in front of his lavender eyes. She sees the boy she grew up with. The man she fell in love with. She just hopes he knows what he is doing."It's not about me wanting you to stay or not Zero. Its what you want. I want this to be your decision this time. Not mine." Yuki says. Inside Zero feels that is the first truthful statement she has made to him in a long time. "I would like to stay. I know what it all is. I knew all the time. I think we can make it work. I want to regrow our relationship. This time I think both of us need to change a bit. You always were afraid to show your real self to me. I don't want that anymore. As I will show you myself. Even my dark side. Which you already know can be way worse than yours." Zero states. "No holding back?" Yuki says."No holding back. We be who we truly are. If we love each other that much, it shouldn't frighten the other. We need to take each other as we really are." Zero admits. "Ok, I think we can do that." Yuki answers.

Zero helps with the dishes. The rest of the conversation going well. He kisses her on her cheek, as he gets his coat to leave. "I will see you tomorrow?" Zero asks. "Yes, Come for dinner," Yuki says. "How about if I come to help you with dinner? Like old times?" Zero asks. "Sounds good."She replies. He smiles at her as he walks to the door. A part of him feeling relieved.

Yuki stands there happy as well. Her cravings still there. Higher than ever. She goes upstairs to take more blood tablets. Still a feeling of happiness inside her. It was nice being that close to him again. Without any fighting. Without anyone hurting the other.