Chapter 78 Part 2

Does anyone see why she is pushing him away? I mean besides all he said and did. Does anyone see more behind it?

Chapter 78 Part 2

Zero sits in the Den, waiting for Yuki to come home. Kaname stopping by before heading to bed. "I am going up to my quarters," Kaname says. "You're not going to go look for her? It's been hours?" Zero asks. "She is on the grounds. I can sense her. She wants space. TIme. Let her have it. She will come back when she is ready. I learned that the hard way." Kaname replies. Zero nods. Seeing that Kaname has grown in many ways. Seeing he has to do the same. Just not sure if he could. His feelings were back tenfold. His memories were there. His desires for her were also. His want to protect her was overbearing again. Yet he listens to what Kaname just said. Taking a seat in the Den, watching the fire. Waiting for her to return. Hoping she is ok. That in time he can mend this. 

A few hours later, he hears the key in the door. Knowing it's her. He gets up to greet her. Just needing to know she is ok. "Your back. It's quite late." Zero says. " I needed time. Some space. I enjoy taking a walk alone. To get away from this house sometimes." Yuki answers. Hanging her coat up. "I want to say. I am sorry for earlier. I don't want to fight with you." Zero answers. "Please, I don't want to talk about it anymore. Whatever you do. Or whoever you do is your choice. I have no right anymore. I shouldn't have even said anything." Yuki answers. "You don't seem to understand. You do still have that right. We are still married. I do want you. I do love you too. I don't want Wendy or anyone else." Zero states. "You don't have to say that," Yuki says. Wanting to walk up the stairs. Zero stopping her grabbing her by the wrist. "I'm not just saying it. I mean it. Please stay. Talk to me." Zero says. Not wanting her to go upstairs to Kaname.

"I think we talked enough," Yuki replies. "Don't push me away. Remember when we were good friends?" Zero asks. "Yes, How I would always run after you? Always try to protect you. To take your hurt away. How at times, you just pushed me away. Or said something mean. I guess time doesn't change much does it?" Yuki spats. "You use to let my sarcasm go. Knowing that was just me. Not taking it to heart." Zero answers. "I took it to heart. I just loved you so much, I overlooked it." Yuki responds. Zero takes her by the hand, walking her to the Den. Knowing she is still very upset with him. Just not willing to let her go. Wanting to be with her, no matter the cost.

"Sit, please. I know I have a lot to make up for. There was a time, you yearned for me so much. That you needed me. I remember it all now. I remember how much you wanted Ren. How a piece of me made you so happy. It can't all be gone." Zero says. "When you were hurting from the headaches and you needed me. I felt bad. I didn't like to see you hurting. I saw you as you were before. Not what you have been. There was a piece of me that wanted to hold you tight and take away all your pain." Yuki admits. "Then there is some hope. I want you to know and believe. I don't want to use you. In any way. I do have to admit my feelings are there. The desire for your closeness is there. I just know, you're not ready to give that to me now." Zero says. "I am not sure when I will be. Or if I ever will be. " Yuki replies Trying to get up to go upstairs. Zero stops her again.

"That's fine. I do want you to stay. I promise I won't touch you. I just want you here." Zero says. Opening the blanket they always shared. Wrapping it around him. Wanting her to sit next to him. To Wrap around her. She just looks at him, staring into his eyes. He sees the pain in hers. She sits down slowly next to him. As he wraps the blanket around her with his arm. Pulling her close to him. She lays her head on his soft warm chest. Neither saying a word. She just closes her eyes. Falling asleep. Zero holding her close to him. Taking a deep breath.