Chapter 65 Part 2 Dinner party

At the end of the week, the dinner party is taking place. Zero sees Yuki in all her glory. She takes over decorating, cooking, and pretty much everything that has to do with this. He sees she isn't upset or down. That she is moving on pretty good. Now happy with being who she was. A pureblood, Married to the King. Now that Kaname has made her able to do whatever she wanted. Things have gotten a lot better. Kaname gave her control. The control she craved. He would still protect her. Watch over her. Just do his best to give her the freedom she needed. Knowing that, without it, it hurt their relationship. Even more, than her want for Zero.

"Do you need any help?" Zero asks. "No, but thank you. I have everything under control. The flowers should be here any minute." Yuki states. "You sure are going all out for this?" Zero comments. "It's very important to Kaname. I want to make him happy. Show him that I am there for him. When he needs me. The head Vampire council, we need on our side. For him to leave us alone. We don't need another one like the mayor interfering in our lives. Not to mention Yagari. I really can't stand to be in his presence. After everything, he has done. I will keep that to myself though and act as if all is well." Yuki comments. "Is that what your doing now? Just acting as if all is well with Kaname? That you don't miss what we once had?" Zero replies. "Does it really matter? I am not even sure why you would bring that up. I am doing my best to move on. Yet for someone who doesn't want any part of me. You seem to bring it back up. What do you want me to do Zero? How many times can you kick a dog till they just lay down?" Yuki spats. "You always seem to take it that I'm trying to start something. Not that I may be trying to just ask you a simple question?" Zero replies. "I am sorry if my defense is up. I learned with you, that it should be. I really don't want to do this now. I have things to do." Yuki answers. "Your defense doesn't always have to be up with me. I am sorry you feel that way. I know I have said a lot of hurtful things to you in the past few months. Will you ever forgive me for that? Can we get past that?" Zero asks. "I am not sure. I am not sure. I can ever feel about you the way I once did. I know your not looking for that. Your asking for friendship. It's just hard. I look at you and see our past. I see everything you meant to me. How far we have fallen. It's hard to be friends with you because of many reasons." Yuki admits "I understand its hard. I just think we can get at least our friendship back. You did forgive and move on with Kaname." Zero states. "Yes, I have. Its just everything he ever did was to move closer to me. Even though a lot was in the wrong way. It wasn't to hurt me. Or push me away. Or even tell me that I was no good for being what I am." Yuki answers. "I know you're a very forgiving person. You see the good in everyone. I know it may take time, but I feel. You can forgive me." Zero replies. "We will see." Yuki answers. Walking away to get the flowers.

Zero seeing this high strong wall that Yuki has built up around her. When it comes to him. That she takes a lot of what he says the wrong way. Even when he isn't trying to be mean or rude. She doesn't see him being nice or kind anymore. He really is going to have to work for any relationship he can have with her.

At night, Kaien, Yagari and Head Vampire Ryan all show up together. Kaname and Yuki welcoming them all in. Bringing them to the Den to have a drink. Zero already sitting there. Taking the first drink. Watching as Kaname has his hand on Yuki's waist. He gives her light kisses on her neck. Staying very close to her. The more Zero watches the More he drinks. Trying to settle his nerves. Keeping everything he is feeling into himself. Still not fully wanting either of them to know what is going on with him. Not even sure himself.

"I want to thank you for coming to our dinner party Ryan," Kaname says. "Thank you for the invite. I wanted to see how you all got along. I found it very strange when I found out. I see she is mainly your wife. He is just the sidekick?" Ryan states. "In a way. Yes." Kaname answers. "We all had it wrong. We thought it was the other way around. From what we heard. We didn't even think Yuki was with you anymore. That Kiryu swept her away from you." Ryan responds. "No, not at all. We are all here together. She is mine and always will be. We just were trying to show and prove that we all can get along. We want peace." Kaname says. "What about you Zero? Do you still feel that way? Living with two Purebloods? A True hunter by birth." Ryan asks. Yuki just stares at Zero. Afraid of what he may say. Knowing how he hates purebloods. She is scared he will do something stupid. Not trusting him in any way.

"I feel the same as Kaname. We get along very well here. You can see that. I am very happy living in this big house." Zero states. "How about sharing your wife?" Ryan asks. "We knew from the beginning that is how it would be. We are fine with it. We make it as even as we can. Even both of us having a child each." Zero answers. "I am shocked but in a good way," Ryan responds. Yuki just stares at Zero. Shocked in a good way by his response. He kept his word he would behave.

"I Thought this was going to be very awkward. That Zero was going to be the main focus of the relationship. I see now, that's not the case. That you are both equal. I think that's wonderful. That both of you can do this. Without killing the other. Sharing a person you love is very hard. Not to mention one of you is a pureblood and the other a hunter." Ryan states. "We are all equal here. What our heritage is, doesn't affect us." Yuki answers. "I see that. It's really a wonderful sight. I am not sure that others can do this as well as you, but it's nice to see." Ryan admits. "My main goal for this as I said before. Was to show that we all can get along. There doesn't have to be this fight between Vampires, and humans.  Granted that Zero isn't human anymore. He once was. We even excepted him into our life. Being a Level D. " Kaname states. Zero looks at the glass, swishing the booze around and taking a drink.  The fire burning inside of him. Yet he stays quiet.