Chapter 144 part 2 confused

Chapter 144 part 2 Confused

Zero just sits there seeing what she has been trying to do the whole time. Protect them all. Him not really knowing the truth. Her always a step ahead. Leaving him in the dark. He is even more confused now then he was when he entered her room.

"I think you going to Cross is a good thing. You take your time and think it over." Yuki says. "Why are you leaving it up to me? After what I have done, I would think you would never want to see me again." Zero answers.

"I am not over any of what you have done to me Zero. I don't think I will for a very long time. I do just know what I put you in the middle of wasn't fair. I never really explained any of it. I just did it to make myself happy. I have come along way from that person. I remember the faithful honest Zero. I am sorry I turned you into this. What Kaname turned me into. I always hurt because I knew deep down I never gave you a chance to get out of this. Just the thought of you leaving killed me. Kaname offered you an out when I was pregnant with Ren. Even saying you could take the child. I was selfish, I couldn't see you go. That was very unfair of me. So I am offering it to you now. I do think the time away will be good for each of us also. I want you to know, if you do leave for good I will not hold it against you. I will also not come after you or Ren. I will let go fully. If you choose that i want you to do the same. I want you to sell the townhouse and take our son somewhere away from here." Yuki replies, being ever so serious. Holding herself together with all her control. Not showing an ounce of emotion. Just like Kaname.

"Ok." Zero answers, not sure about anything.

Everything hitting him like a ton of bricks. The woman that used to fall apart in front of him, was standing her ground. Telling it like it was. Protecting him as always. Not afraid to let go of the people she loved so dearly as long as it made them safe and happy.

Zero goes up to her and puts his arms around her. Holding her close to him. She wraps hers around his waist, snuggling into his chest. The scent that calms each of them. They just hold each other for what seems like hours. Then Zero let's go nods and walks out. Leaving Yuki behind.

Her heart falls watching him walk out of the room. She follows, watching him go down the hall, the stairs where he looks back up at her. Then opening the door and leaves. She starts to run after him, then stops in the middle of the foyer, falling to her knees, sobbing. She wipes the tears away, using the stairs to help herself up going back to her room. She hears the jeep startup. Knowing it's leaving the property, she just lets it go. Going into the bathroom to clean herself up.

Splashing cold water on her face, holding in all the pain she feels. She gets dressed and ready for the day. Acting like nothing took place.