Chapter 148 part 2 Slipping

Chapter 148 Part 2 Slipping

Its six in the morning, Kaname waiting in the den for her to return from where ever she has gone. His nerves rattling him like never before. He sits there tapping his finger on the wooden table. Waiting. If you look close enough you could think you see smoke coming out of his head. From all the anger and fear he feels. His good little Yuki turning into whatever this is.

Six thirty rolls around and the car pulls up. Finally, she is at home.

"She walks in smelling of booze and smoke. Wearing a short skirt and v neck top. Which only makes more steam come off of Kaname.

"Where have you been?"Kaname asks. "Out. Geez, You would think you were my father."Yuki laughs. "Damn it Yuki. How long are you going to do this? I know your hurting but really? What the hell is this? I am trying to give you your freedom, but I am not sure if I can anymore." Kaname states. "ReallY? You're going to lock me up again? Do you think you can this time? Haven't you learned? I will not let you or anyone tie me down any longer." Yuki snaps. "Whatever this is. I want it to stop. You're a pureblood. We don't act this way. How about if someone sees you?" Kaname hisses. "How can I forget that I am a pureblood? It took over everything. I lost everything because of it. Pureblood This, Pureblood that. Walk like this. Don't do that. Screw it all. I never asked for this shit!" Yuki howls.

 "I know you feel that way, but it isn't true. You should be proud of what you were born into." Kaname answers. "I want to be free. I go out to the bars, no one knowing who I am. No one treating me differently. I fit in like the rest. Having fun, getting drunk. Being a different person than who I am." Yuki snaps. "And you like it? You're not getting drunk, You can't." Kaname says. "Wanna bet? Drink enough of it, you feel a buzz. Granted a lot more than others. but if you keep doing it night after night, you can feel something." Yuki states. "I want you to stop it. Are you messing around to? Just because he did this, doesn't make it right. I don't know what the hell you're trying to prove but this isn't the way to go. He wouldn't want you to do this." Kaname says. "He doesn't care about me, or what I do. He left. He is gone. Its been Three weeks. He is better off without me anyway. I sit in the bar, so many women come in. They are the same ones night after night. They have been with him, they went up into his apartment with him. He is probably now doing it at Cross. Getting every part of me off of him." Yuki says finally breaking down. Into a crying mess.

"Damn him," Kaname says. Taking her into his arms and holding her tight. "I doubt thats true. He is probably just thinking. If you are thinking this of him, do you really want him to come back? You don't seem to trust him at all. What good is he being here?" Kaname states. "I don't know what to think or feel. I just hurt so bad. Kaname will I be able to live without him? Can I let him go? I don't only hurt from needing his blood. I hurt from head to toe. The pain is so strong I can barely breathe at times. My heart hurts." Yuki finally admits. "I am so sorry. It feels like this now, but if he doesn't return, in time, the pain will get better. It will dull. I am here for you Yuki." Kaname replies.

 She curls up in his arms as he picks her up and takes her to his room. Just placing her in his bed. He gets in and just holds her close. Doing his best to comfort her. For the first time since this happen, she is letting him. Not pushing him away.

She just curls up close letting him hold her, listening to his heartbeat. He kisses her forehead rubbing her back, her body up close against his. He covers her to make her feel even safer. Wanting so much to take the pain away. Wishing she never knew Kiryu ever existed

Kaname knew there wasn't anything he could say at the moment that would make her feel better. She just had to ride out the pain. She had to forgive him in order to move on either way. Which Kaname saw at the moment she wasn't ready to. He always figured that was why Zero was giving her so much time. He did wonder though, it was only supposed to be a weekend and as of right now it turned into weeks. Did Zero like it without her? Did he move on? Or was he just trying to let her heal a little before talking again? Kaname was going through a lot with all this. It was even worse than at the start. Then she hurt for Zero but she wouldn't go or do anything like this. Now she was fighting her heritage, herself and anything that resembled her old self. Kaname just laid there holding her, wondering how far this could go? How much could he take? He didn't smell anyone on her at the moment but for how long would that last? He knew how she liked to take revenge, even though this time it would be a lot different. She would have to give herself to someone else. He just hoped she wouldn't. That a part of the old her was in there and would stop her. He thought about locking her up, he just knew that wouldn't work either. That would only make her hate him as well He was stuck no matter what.