Fight with Countryhuman

"왜 그랬어? 왜 그렇게 남을 것을 빼앗도 성이 차지 않았어?"

(Why did you do that? Why didn't you get angry when you took something that remained?)

"미안해, 루루... 우린 살아남아야 했으니까 그렇게 할 수 밖에 없었어"

(I'm sorry, Lulu... We had to survive, so we had to.)

프랑스 여인 '프란체스카'의 말을 들은 나는 참을 수 없는 분노를 느꼈다. 나는 벌떡 일어나 이렇게 외쳤다.

(I felt unbearable anger when I heard French woman Francesca. I sprang to my feet and shouted,)

"네들이 고작 할 수 있는 게 남의 것을 빼앗으면서 살아가는 것 밖에 없어?! 그게 너희들 최선이라고?! 좆 같은 변명 따위 집어치워! 난 너희들이 이 국제적 문제를 해결할 수 있을거라 믿었어! 어떻게서든 두팔걷고 헌신할 줄 알았어! 그런데 뭐?! 고작 두 번의 전쟁에서 얻은 교훈이 고작 그것 뿐이야?! 난 너희들한데 얼마나 기대를 했는데! 나는 너희들이 적어도 너희들 서로 간에 선을 넘지 않기를 바랬는데! 결국엔... 결국엔...."

(The only thing you can do is to take someone else's stuff and live? That's your best?! Stop making such a lame excuse! I believed you guys could solve this international problem! I knew you'd walk your arms and devote yourself somehow! But what?! That's the only lesson you've learned in two wars?! I've been looking forward to you guys! I wanted you guys at least not to cross the line with each other! In the end... in the end...)

그러자 그의 옆에 있던 미국인, 알프레드가 콧방귀를 꼈다.

(Then Alfred, the American next to him, snorted.)

"흥, 그러게 누가 우리에게 기대 따위를 하래? 우린 우리 각자대로 살 뿐이야. 너는 너고, 나는 나고, 쟤들은 쟤들이야. 사람이 사는 곳엔 어쩔 수 없이 문제가 일어날 수도 있는 법이야."

(Huh, who told you to expect anything from us? We just live our own lives. You're you, I'm me, they're them. There's no choice but to get into trouble where people live.)

"...."

"명심해둬, 루루. 기대를 하면 할수록 감정을 상할 수 있는 건 네 쪽이라는 걸."

(Be clear, Luru. The more you expect, the more you can hurt your feelings.)