Chapter 70: Visitor

And someone visits the others, Any guesses who?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

''I. . . Sure-'' I started to say, I was going to say I would later, However, Before I could, Both Bailey and Kadin returned to the bedroom.

''Shower's ready'' Bailey muttered quietly, His voice surprisingly emotionless.

I noticed Kadin frowning in confusion before glancing between Bailey and Paris.

Well. . .At least I'm not the only one who's confused. . .

''Right, Come on Roux, A shower should do you good'' Kadin said, Moving over to the bed.

Glancing over at Paris, I watched him close the folder just as Kadin reached the bed.

He gave me a thin smile before gently bonking me on the head with the folder.

''Go on, I'll wait out here. . .I have a call to make after all. . .'' He said quietly, Glancing back over at Bailey as he spoke.

The two men exchanged a look before Bailey moved over to shoo Kadin and I into the bathroom.

''Bailey. . .What in the world are you two up to now?'' I heard Kadin quietly demand of the taller man.

''You'll see soon Honey'' Bailey said only for Kadin to huff in annoyance.

''Really? Fine, If you're going to be all cryptic then you won't get a good night kiss'' I heard Kadin grumble before he gently put his hand on the small of my back.

I shivered slightly at the touch before looking up at him.

''Come on, Let's get you washed up'' He muttered, A tired yet still gentle smile on his face.

The quiet clink of a belt landing in the hamper drew my attention back to Bailey.

''Y-You're joining us too?'' I asked, Surprised to see the other man undressing.

''Mhmm'' He hummed simply as if that answered the question.

Before I could question the other man further, Kadin gently tugged me into the shower.

I closed my eyes against the warm spray of water from above.

I held as still as I could as Kadin gently scrubbed at my skin slightly with a wash cloth.

A moment later, Bailey joined us.

--- Time skip ---

I curled up close to Kadin as he calmly read his mystery book.

Paris had headed downstairs after we got out of the shower, Saying something along the lines of 'I have to go wait for someone'.

Everyone looked as confused as I felt, So clearly whoever Paris had invited over hadn't been talked about with the others.

''Was it the professor?'' I asked as Kadin set his book down.

''Nah, It was his wife, Turns out she was having an affair with the professor and her husband caught her'' Kadin explained, Turning to face me as he spoke.

''Why would she do that? Wasn't she happy with her husband?'' I asked.

I wasn't really invested in the story, It made no sense to me why anyone would like it, But Kadin liked it so I tried to at least show a little interest.

He gave me a smile, Gently patting my head.

''She was soulmates with the professor, Not her husband, She wanted to leave her husband for the professor and they ended up getting into a fight'' Kadin explained, A bit of excitement leaking into his voice.

He was about to continue when the doorbell rang.

We all looked towards the bedroom door, Before Bailey got up.

''I'll go see who it is'' Bailey muttered, Closing the door behind himself as he spoke.

Kadin was silent beside me before he sighed, Getting up as well.

''We better go make sure they don't cause any trouble'' Kadin said, Gently nudging me out of the bed as well.

Sighing, I followed behind him, I really wanted to go to sleep.

I was tired, My body drained from my little 'Snuggle time' with Kadin.

Just thinking about it had me blushing.

I followed close behind Kadin, My head tilted down slightly in an attempt to hide my blush.

''Didn't expect you to be the one Paris called'' I heard Bailey say from downstairs.

''Yeah well. Surprise.'' I heard a familiar voice grumble out, Sounding very displeased.

''Ambrose?'' Kadin called out, Surprise in his voice as we finally reached the stairs.

''Hello Stone'' Ambrose greeted, His tone a little friendlier then when he addressed Bailey.

I noticed Kadin frown ever so slightly at the use of his last name.

Why's he upset?

Before I could ask Kadin why he seemed upset by his last name, Paris spoke up.

''Rose. Remember what we talked about.'' Paris said sternly as Bailey crossed his arms, An annoyed look briefly passing across his face.

I could now see the man standing in the doorway.

Ambrose looked tired, His hair was messed up into a fly away chaos and his dress shirt was slightly rumpled as if he had been laying down while wearing it.

''Fuck off Harp.'' Ambrose grumbled quietly in response, His hands clenching slightly into fists.

''I don't mean for this to come off the wrong way but, Why are you here Ambrose?'' Kadin asked, Forced politeness in his tone.

He glanced up at us, His eyes briefly landing on me.

I watched with growing concern and confusion as he frowned slightly.

''Ah right, Well, I was rather. . .Curious about some pictures Roux's friends showed in court, Paris informed me that Roux might be willing to explain how he got them'' Ambrose said, Giving me a sympathetic look as he spoke.

I swallowed nervously, Having forgotten by now that I had agreed to do that.

Guess I'm not gonna be getting sleep tonight. . .

''So that's what you two were up to'' Kadin muttered, Finally walking downstairs, Moving to stand next to Bailey as he spoke.

Ambrose was staring at me as I remained standing slightly behind Kadin.

I noticed a small frown work his way onto his face as he made eye contact with me.

''Although now might not be the best of times. . .'' Ambrose muttered, Taking a step back towards the door.

''No. . .Now's fine'' I interjected quietly before Paris could speak.

The slight tremble in my voice betrayed my conflicted emotions.

Well. . .Time to rip the band-aid off this emotional wound I guess. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So. . .Next chapter is gonna have a lot of dark themes to it. . .You have been warned, Anyways, Any guesses on how Ambrose is gonna take this explanation?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen