Chapter 94: Forest

Roux Pov. . .

-------------------------------------------------------

Opening my eyes, I looked around at the endless forest in front of me.

A small sigh escaped me as I slowly walked through the fairly familiar forest, The soft mist coated trees surrounded me on all sides, The under brush coating the ground everywhere except the small stepping stone path that led deeper into the woods.

Inhaling slowly, I started to follow the path, The smell that always came from the earth early in the morning filled the air.

After a while, A soft humming song reached my ears.

I paused, Listening for a moment before I remembered the person who had been sitting under the willow.

Remembering how they seemed to know so much about soulbonds and this forest, I decided to follow the sound.

Eventually, I finally came upon the five trees I always ended up walking to.

A small smile formed on my face as I noticed the pine tree was almost fully grown now.

The mystery person sat below the trees, Humming quietly as they tended to a small tree sapling inside a flower pot.

''Evening'' I greeted quietly as they glanced up at me.

They smiled, Their mismatched eyes sparkling with joy.

''So we meet again. . .Under much better situations thankfully'' They said as I moved to sit down beside them.

Looking closely at the little sapling they had, I was surprised to see a faint little glowing orb inside it.

''Woah. . .'' I whispered quietly, Narrowing my eyes as I tried to see it better as it started to fade.

They chuckled quietly at that, Gently brushing some dirt off of one of the  leaves.

''Cute isn't it? She's going to be born in a few months'' They said cryptically, Holding the potted tree close in a protective little hug.

''What? I uh. . .Don't wanna burst your bubble but I'm uh. . . Ninety percent sure trees aren't born. . .'' I pointed out meekly, Not wanting to offend them.

They just smiled at that, Setting the tree down a sort ways away from the five trees.

''Do you know what these trees are?'' They asked, Seemingly changing the subject.

Looking around, I briefly studied the trees around me as if just looking would give me the answers.

''I uh. . .Have no clue'' I murmured, My face heating up a bit out of embarrassment.

They smiled at me before gently brushing some leaves off of one of the tree's roots.

''These aren't trees, They simply look like them'' They started before trailing off, Distracted by a small beetle that was making a bee-line for one of the five trees we were sitting under.

I watched as it started to hover around one of the trees, The tree I had been drawn to each time I was here.

''You see, These . . .Trees, Represent people and more importantly, Their soulbonds'' They continued after a moment, Their brow furrowed ever so slightly.

''. . .Seriously?'' I asked, Surprised.

That sounded like something made up. . .But considering the fact that I was seemingly constantly lucid dreaming in the exact same forest almost every night, I was willing to believe him.

They gave me a warm smile before looking up at the trees above.

''You'll understand eventually, You'll know all a living person can about this place even, In time of course'' They said cryptically.

The buzzing of the insect caught my attention again, Drawing my gaze up to where it was hovering.

''You know. . .I think that's the first bug I've ever seen in this place'' I commented quietly, Watching the shiny beetle as it buzzed around one of the larger trees before returning to circling the one I was drawn to.

The odd eyed person beside me let out a sad sigh at that.

''I'm not surprised. . .That beetle is not a good sign'' They informed me, Sounding saddened as they spoke.

I paused, Tilting my head to the side slightly in concerned confusion.

''Let me guess. . .Things that are here all have a meaning behind them?'' I questioned, Feeling more then a little tired now.

So much has happened lately. . .I had at least hoped we'd have some calm before anymore chaos happened. . .

''Everything in this place has a different meaning. . .You'll see in time. . .Everyone does. . .'' They explained, Their choice of words catching my attention.

''Other people are here?'' I questioned, Surprised.

I hadn't seen anyone else other than odd eyes here in the forest before, But I didn't know how large it was, It could be filled with people depending on how large it was.

''In a way. . .Yes. . .But also no. . .You see, This forest appears in everyone's dreams when they really need it, And everyone can walk through this forest. . .But it's their version of the forest, No two versions appear in the same part'' They explained, Making it as through as they seemingly could.

. . .This is making my brain hurt. . .

Slowly, The ground at the very edge of my vision started to disappear beneath a thick fog.

''What's going on?'' I asked, Starting to feel very un-easy.

''You're waking up'' They said simply, Getting up and picking back up the sapling as they spoke.

''Wait, The bug, Should I be worried about what the bug stands for?'' I asked urgently as the fog rapidly approached where we waited by the five trees.

They paused, Thought for a moment before nodding.

''Yes, You should be very worried'' They said simply before my vision and world was engulfed in darkness.

--- Awake ---

Slowly, My eyes opened.

I stared blankly up at Kadin for a moment before realizing he was carrying me upstairs.

Letting out a small tired groan, I buried my face in his chest, Making him pause.

''Ah, Sorry about that, Didn't want to wake you up'' He whispered, Returning to carrying me up the stairs.

''Why?'' I asked quietly, Still too tired to think beyond that.

''You looked so calm sleeping. . .Figured you deserved at least a little bit of peace considering all that you've gone through lately'' He murmured, Nudging open the bedroom door as he spoke.

I clung to his shoulders as he lowered me down onto the bed, Tucking me in.

I gave him a grateful smile as he climbed in next to me, Pulling me close to his side as he grabbed the latest mystery book he was reading.

''Get some sleep, I'll keep watch over you'' He muttered warmly, Gently patting my head as he spoke.

That sounds nice. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen