Chapter 98:

Ambrose Pov. . .

--------------------------------------------------

My head was killing me as I sat beside Kadin in the car.

We were on the way to the hospital to check on Roux and Bailey.

Kadin and I had woken up an hour or so after the intruders had knocked us out.

After a moment of trying to figure out what happened, We both ended up searching the house for Paris and Roux.

The front door was still intact but the back door leading to the kitchen. . .Well, It wouldn't be working well to keep anything out anytime soon. . .

Kadin ended up finding Paris, Said man was passed out next to the couch, What looked like a dart, Sticking out of his arm.

He had woken up a while later once Kadin and I had searched the whole house many times over for Roux, He was no where to be found.

After that, I insisted that Kadin or Paris should tell Bailey what happened.

Thankfully though, We got a phone call from him a short time later.

Roux had been found in a graveyard a few miles outside of town.

That sentence scared us all, However, When Kadin asked for him to repeat that, He explained that Roux was in the graveyard, But not dead or anything.

I blinked slowly as my eyes adjusted from the dull dim lights of the road to the bright lights of the hospital parking lot.

Two police cars were parked outside the hospital, Thankfully not outside the ER.

As soon as Kadin parked the car Paris had already hopped out of the car, Making a bee-line for the doors leading into the hospital.

Kadin and I both got out at a much more reasonable speed.

''Well he's more. . .Concerned, Than I expected him to be'' I commented as I walked briskly beside Kadin.

Kadin just sighed, Looking concerned as we stepped into the exceedingly clean building.

Despite working in a building that was equally as sterile, I never was used to the strong ammonia smell that almost always came from the cleaning chemicals and in result, Everything they touch.

I stuck close to Kadin as he gave the nurse at the desk Roux's name.

Paris was no where in sight.

Wonder what he's doing. . .Hopefully nothing too dangerous. . .Or stupid. . .

 I was drawn out of my thoughts as Kadin gently tugged on my arm, Tugging me after him and the nurse.

Slowly, I picked up my pace so I'd be walking next to him.

He always seemed like a calm, Passive man.

It was somewhat relaxing to spend time near him, He didn't tease constantly. . .Which can't be said about the other two.

I could understand why Roux liked spending so much time with him, It also made me curious as to why he was so. . .Un-problematic.

Could it be because he had a lot of chaotic siblings or friends when he was growing up? Or is it the product of a bad family life?

I mentally shook off those thoughts, They. . .We, Had different problems to deal with right now.

Case in point, Roux.

We had arrived at the room he was being kept in for now as the doctors did who knows what.

The nurse pulled the curtain that acted like a door to the rest of the hospital aside, Telling Kadin and I to try and not stress Roux out too much before he left to get back to his work.

Paris was already inside the room, Standing close to Bailey as an unknown officer spoke with Roux.

I tugged my arm out of Kadin's loose grip as he started to make his way over to the other two.

My emotions for the tall dark brown eyed man were mixed, And until I finished sorting them out, I really didn't want to get too close to him.

So instead, I focused on Roux and what he was saying to the officer's questions.

''I. . .I guess?. . .I was kidnapped once. . .'' Roux admitted slowly to the officer's question of 'Has anything of this sort ever happened to you before?'.

That piqued my interest.

''What was the reason behind your kidnapping last time?'' The officer questioned as I drifted closer to the bed Roux was nervously sitting on.

He was rubbing slightly at his wrists, I had seen him do that a few times before, I was assuming it was some kind of nervous tic of his.

''The guy uh. . .Wanted a soulmate of his own so he picked me and tried to break my bond. . .'' Roux admitted slowly, His voice quiet and hesitant as he spoke.

Can that even happen?. . .Is that even possible? And if it is. . .How exactly do we know about this? What led people to try thi- Oh right. . .It was most likely being researched to reduce the pain for the people with soulmates serving a life sentence. . .

 ''Was this guy arrested?'' The officer questioned, Her voice trembling slightly despite her stead fast expression and body language.

She wasn't scared. . .She seemed more so disturbed at that fact that someone would even try such a thing.

''No, He and the mysterious people who had helped get the items around had managed to escape, Only their underlings were caught'' Bailey informed the officer, Seemingly taking the hint that all of this was stressing Roux out.

It's still a fresh wound huh. . .Still something that makes him uncomfortable to talk about I see. . .

I'd have to bring that up sometime later. . .I was morbidly curious about what had happened, Now wasn't the time to ask though.

''I'm gonna be honest with you Bailey, It sounds a lot like this man is either trying to cover his tracks or whoever helped him is erasing proof of their involvement'' The officer explained, Turning to speak with Bailey now.

Once she had turned her back on him, I could see Roux let out a tiny sigh.

Poor kid. . .

I slowly moved closer, Reaching out to gently brush some of his hair off of his forehead.

He blinked up at me at first with surprise before hesitantly, His gaze softened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

:T . . .Yeaaah. . . >:)

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen