Chapter 2:Into the fire

:T .  . . here's another chapter

oh and here is what a African grey parrot looks like, they are very smart and can learn a lot of words (a good example is petra) they can even hold conversations

--------------------------------------------------------

'Squak!'

I glanced over at Ferris, my pet African grey.

He was perched on the cash register, he helped me out at work a lot of times and just kept me calm in general.

'''Knock knock'''

I smiled at him and gave in ''who's there?''

'''Cash'''

''Cash who?'' I asked absently as I went about restocking the shelves.

'''No thanks, I will take some peanuts'''

I snickered quietly and gave in, as Ferris crunched on his peanuts I wondered who taught him that.

''' Hello, 'elcome to cozy burrow'''

I looked up as the bell rung and Ferris greeted our customer, it was a lady in maybe her thirties and a kid maybe eighteen?

''What can I get you?'' I asked as the younger girl went up to talk to Ferris.

''Well we where looking for a dog that is good for families with children and not alot of space'' the older woman said while keeping the younger girl in her line of sight.

''Hmm I think we have just the dog for you, will you wait here a moment?'' at her nod I went back to the kennels in the back.

The dogs all stood up in their rather roomy kennels, they knew when I was bringing just one leash back one of them was getting adopted.

All of the animals here are rescues and only some of them are up for adoption, the rest we are working on getting used to normal life again.

I walked over to a kennel that held a dog that wasn't exactly up for adoption, A collie named Silk.

She wasn't aggressive but she was not up on our website because the owner belived that the employees would know who would be perfect for her.

You see she was owned by a young family, they had two four year olds and a six year old, all whom loved her dearly.

One night according to police reports a robber broke into the childrens bedroom, silk had heard this and ran to attack the robber, she ended up incapacitating the robber but not before he shot their dad, killing him.

Without enough funds to stay in that house they had to move in with their grandma who was alergic to dog hair so that's how silk ended up here.

Silk looked up to me her tail wagging happily, today was her day at last!