Chapter 87: Exhaustion

Still in Roux's Pov. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------

Unlike Paris, Kadin didn't take our little bit of information too well.

No one got any sleep last night, Everyone was tense and on edge.

Every little sound outside caused Kadin to worriedly look out the window.

Bailey had seemed mostly calm originally, Until he noticed Kadin was very much on edge though.

''Honey, Come sit down with the rest of us'' Paris called out when Kadin went to the window yet again.

I was curled up against Bailey's side, The other man's arm draped over my shoulders.

We both moved over slightly so Kadin could sit down with us, The other man seemed very jittery.

''It's okay Kadin, You don't need to be so jittery, It's un-common for stalkers to instantly come back after they've been caught, Right Bailey?'' Paris checked, Attempting to sooth the shorter honey eyed man.

Bailey nodded slightly at that, Not really seeming to be paying attention to the other two as he gently rubbed his hand in circles on my back, Making me sigh as some of the tension inside me calmed.

The sound of something slamming outside had Kadin getting out of bed and hurrying back to the window yet again.

A sigh came from both Bailey and Paris at that.

''I'll go see what caused that'' Bailey muttered as he got up out of bed, heading for the bedroom door.

''Bailey come lay back down, It's most likely just the wind'' Paris soothed as he placed his book on one of the bed side tables.

I sat up, Going to follow Bailey as Kadin turned his attention back to Paris.

''And what if it's not the wind?'' I heard Kadin ask as I followed Bailey down the hallway.

He glanced back at me, Briefly pausing.

''You should be with the others.'' Bailey stated simply, His hand reaching out to rest on my head, His fingers gently burying themselves into my hair.

''I'm not leaving you to find out what made that sound alone'' I mumbled, Feeling the need to help in whatever way I could.

It was most likely my fault we were being watched in the first place. . .They seemed to be living safely and peacefully until I joined their bond.

Bailey arched an eyebrow but thankfully didn't argue with my request.

We both continued down the stairs before Bailey went into the kitchen to fetch a flashlight as I waited in the hallway.

There was another muffled thud sound from outside, It sounded like the source of the sound was right outside the house.

I could feel my heart stutter slightly as the cold fingers of fear danced down my spine.

That doesn't sound like wind. . .

A hand being gently placed on my shoulder made me jump slightly, My eyes widening before I recognized who the hand was connected to.

Bailey arched an eyebrow as he looked down at me before he gently patted me on the back.

''You don't have to do this with me, I can very easily handle any danger out there'' He pointed out as he headed for the front door, A rather large flashlight in his other hand.

That thing could double as a weapon if he aimed for someone's head. . .

''I know I don't have to. . .But I want to'' I mumbled, Falling in step behind him.

I could see a small frown form on Bailey's face at that, But he didn't say anything.

The stars were bright in the night sky, If I had not seen how late it was, I could have easily thought the sun just set.

Despite how bright it was for night time, It still was too dark out for me to see clearly.

So I stuck close to Bailey's side as he headed in the direction he seemed to think the sound was coming from.

He had one hand holding the flashlight up, And his other hand resting on the taser he had grabbed as well.

--- Time skip ---

After a while of searching around the house, Neither of us found anything.

''So. . .Was Paris right about it being the wind?'' I asked quietly when we eventually headed back inside.

I followed behind Bailey as he went to place the flashlight and taser away.

''Doubtfully, It was most likely an animal, We must have scared it off'' Bailey explained around a yawn.

I'm sure I'd be tired too if I wasn't so wired with nervous un-ease.

Following Bailey to bed, We assured the others before everyone finally settled in for a good night's rest.

--- Time skip ---

Tiredly, I stared into the bowl of cereal in front of me.

I had barely slept last night, Every little noise had me snapping awake.

I had never noticed how noisy the night was before.

The sound of someone pouring coffee caught my attention, Reminding me I wasn't the only one who slept poorly last night.

Kadin looked half dead as he drank his third cup of coffee this morning.

''You two. . .Do not look good'' Was the first thing Paris said when he entered the kitchen, Pausing to stare at us.

''Oh wow, Thanks. Love ya too.'' Kadin muttered sarcastically, Taking another long sip of his coffee after speaking.

I watched as Paris moved over to wrap his arms around Kadin's waist, Gently kissing at the grouchy man's neck.

He was whispering something to the honey eyed man, However, I was too far away to hear what was said.

Whatever was said, Didn't seem to sway Kadin at all.

I watched on as Kadin firmly grabbed Paris's face, Forcing the slightly taller man to look him in the eyes.

''Do you really think bothering me while I'm sleep deprived is such a good idea?'' Kadin demanded with fake sweetness.

Paris swallowed nervously before taking a step away, Gently placing his hands over Kadin's.

''Right then. . .You know what, I think I'm going to head into work early today'' Paris said, Giving Kadin a quick kiss on his cheek before heading over to me.

''Good luck'' He whispered quietly, Gently kissing me on top of my head before heading towards the front door.

I turn my attention back to Kadin as he set a cup of coffee down in front of me.

''You might need this'' He muttered, His voice quiet and gentle with sympathy.

It's going to be a long day. . .

------------------------------------------------------------------

:) Bit of a light chapter. . .And yes, Bailey is taking this seriously

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen