Chapter 137

We were lined up in a kneeling position in front of Historia. She went around us one by one, placing the medal around our heads. We placed a kiss onto her hand.

When she stood in front of Eren, he held her hand and froze up.

"Eren?" Historia questioned.

He suddenly released her hand and quickly apologised.

Touching her hand probably triggered something in his mind.

It wasn't long until word got out to the public about the truth of the walls. There were many mixed feelings about it.

~~

A month had passed since the retaking of wall Maria. It wasn't long until all the titans were wiped out inside the walls. Thanks to the mechanism Hange and Eren created.

I noticed that my bump was getting bigger. It was a bit more noticeable now. It warmed my heart knowing that Levi and I will have a child. He doesn't talk about it much, I'm normally the one to bring it up in conversation.

I would guess that I'm around five to six months pregnant. It's unbelievable that it's already been so long.

I was currently at the orphanage seeing some patients.

Surprisingly enough, Ava was with me helping. It was probably two weeks after I spoke to her that the higher ups allowed her probation, as long as she had a guard with her at all times. Levi was against having her anywhere near me considering. I sometimes thought that she would sneak up on me some time and try to snap my neck. But she's actually opened up more.

I was currently seeing Grace.

"So have you felt the baby kicking yet?" Grace asked, as I rubbed her elbow with alcohol about to inject her with antibiotics.

"I'm not sure. I think I might have felt some kind of flutter but nothing too noticeable." I replied.

"I can't imagine having something touch me from the inside." Grace laughed.

"Sounds creepy." Ava pointed out.

"Right, let me know if you feel unwell in the next fifteen minutes." I requested.

"I will. Afterwards I plan on going outside for a bit if that's alright?" Grace wondered.

"Of course. I don't see why not. I'm glad to see you walking around more." I pointed out.

"It's all thanks to you. I would have been dead already if it weren't for you." Grace spoke, smiling.

I smiled back.

"I'm going to head back now. I'll be back tomorrow morning." I stated, collecting my equipment.

"Thank you, (y/n)." Grace praised.

"Does that mean I'll have to go back to my room now?" Ava wondered, crossing her arms.

"No. They just want you in before nightfall. Don't worry, soon you'll have more free will." I exclaimed.

I arrived home and I pretty much went straight to bed since I was feeling exhausted.

Levi hadn't returned yet, which made me feel lonely.

I was laying on my side, with my hand over my stomach. I suddenly felt movement.

I let out a gasp and sat up quickly.

"Wait was that...?"

Before anything else, the door opened and Levi walked in.

"Levi!"

"What is it?" Levi questioned, taking his jacket off.

"Come and feel this!" I insisted, reaching my hand out.

He walked over and I grabbed his hand and placed it on my stomach.

"What's wrong?" Levi asked.

"Just wait for it."

We waited for a moment, and then we both felt it.

"Did you feel that?" I asked, staring at Levi.

"I think so. Was that the baby?" Levi wondered.

I nodded my head and smiled.

"Definitely a strong one. How are you feeling?" Levi asked, as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"I feel a bit tired. My back hurts a little but I haven't been feeling sick anymore." I replied.

"That's good." Levi suddenly placed his hand on my forehead.

"Eh?"

"You're a bit warm. I want you to take it easy for the rest of the night." Levi requested, as he ushered me to lay down.

I was actually feeling a bit chilly. I got under the covers and covered myself up to my neck.

"Are you hungry?" Levi asked.

"No not really, I already ate when I was working." I replied.

"You still should eat something." Levi insisted.

He got up and walked out of the room. I think I fell asleep before Levi returned. I didn't realise how tired I was.

The next morning, I woke up coughing. I got out of bed and got myself dressed. Levi had already left for the day. I don't even know why he's needed at the office so much. I spend most of my time at the orphanage. Historia likes to come around a lot of the time.

I wasted no time heading off.

~~

While I was working, I started having a cough again.

"Are you alright?" Grace asked, as she was holding one of the younger children.

"I'm fine. Just a little cough." I replied, covering my mouth with my hand.

Dimitri handed a handkerchief to me.

"Thank you."

I coughed into the handkerchief and when I looked at it, I saw little specs of blood. Unfortunately, the others saw it as well.

"That's blood!" Dimitri blurted.

"Are you sick?!" Grace asked, as both of them looked panicked.

"Don't worry. It's nothing." I muttered, wiping my mouth.

"But (y/n), when you cough up blood, it mean's something's seriously wrong with you!" Grace exclaimed.

"I'm fine. I promise." I replied.

"Does Levi know?" Dimitri asked.

"No he doesn't. I'll tell him, but right now he's at work and I don't want to stress him out." I explained.

"What's wrong with you?" Dimitri asked.

"It's probably my childhood sickness returning." I answered.

"What sickness?"

"I was born with Tuberculosis. But as I grew older I got better. But I think because I'm pregnant, my immunity is not to great. But don't worry." I explained, reassuring them.