Chapter 33: Fighting

MADELINE

As we both come down from our highs, panting and sweating, Steve pulls me close and kisses me.

"I love you," he says in a serious tone as he looks deep into my eyes and cups my cheeks with his hands.

I caress his hands resting on my face. "I know Stevie. I love you too."

"I know you know but I strive towards telling you every single day. So I hope you'll be okay with that." 

...

I'm drying my hair when Steve walks out from the bathroom, a towel hanging low on his hips. He's still damp from his shower and the water is trickling down his chest and abs, distracting me completely.

As he feels my gaze on him he glances up while picking out a t-shirt to wear. He chuckles, "You okay?"

I'm practically drooling as I watch his glistening abs and pecks, the way he moves in his half naked state.

He walks towards me and then tilts my head upwards with his finger under my chin, forcing my eyes to meet his. "Sweetheart. You're looking at me like I'm your next meal. Are you objectifying me?"

I blush and chuckle at his question. "Perhaps.. Do you mind?" I grin at him.

"Not at all," he says before planting a short kiss on my lips.

I move my hands to his chest, feeling the hard muscles underneath his skin. I move to his broad shoulders and end up resting my hands on his biceps. I squeeze lightly and it makes him chuckle.

"Maddie, you've seen me naked plenty of times, by now." He looks down to where my hands are resting on his arms.

"I know, doesn't make it any less impressive though. I keep forgetting how handsome you are when we are together or talking because then, you're just my Stevie. But when you walk into a room or I get to watch you from afar, it suddenly hits me just how sexy you are."

He gives me a shy smile and his cheeks give a flash of red. He kisses me, deeper this time. Once he pulls away he says,"I'm glad you like it. 'Cause you're stuck with it."

I giggle at his statement. "I'm more than happy with that. There's just one problem..."

"What?" He asks with furrowed brows.

"Well, you marked me to let the world know I was yours. How will all the girls know you are off limits? I'm possessive too, you know." I flash him a smile.

He brings his arms around my waist and pulls me flush against his chest. "Oh, poor baby. I'm sure we can figure something out. Whatever you want to do, you may. Hickey?" He says, grinning. He moves a hand to my neck, caressing the love-bites he made just a short while earlier.

I shake my head, chuckling. "No, one of us is going to have to act like an adult here and it clearly isn't you. I'll think of something."

"Can't wait." He replies before pulling me in for a kiss again.

As we get dressed I turn to Steve. "You gonna go talk to Bucky before training or what?"

"Oh right. I already forgot about that. I probably should, huh?" He says as he flashes a smile at me. 

"Yeah, probably. That was embarrassing," I reply, my cheeks blushing. 

"I don't think you should be embarrassed. I'm fairly certain Bucky didn't mind one bit." 

"Steve! You're supposed to be the innocent one out of the bunch. I'm learning a lot of new stuff I never thought I would," I say as I laugh at his statement.