Chapter 41: Watching

MADELINE

We get back to the compound in the evening. As we reach the top floor we walk out of the elevator and I see people sitting around the lounge area, chatting. I turn to the girls and say, "I'll just bring this to my room and I'll come back out, okay?" They both nod at me and move to the lounge area. 

I want to get to my room and hide what I bought before Steve see's any of it. It's all supposed to be a surprise. 

I go inside quickly and hide everything in the bottom drawer of my dresser, ensuring my training clothes are covering it. Especially the ring. Wouldn't want that to be found by accident. Or the lingerie.. 

As I close my bottom drawer and am about to walk out, my door opens. 

Steve is standing in my doorway, leaning against it, a smile on his face. 

"Did you have a good day full of secrets?" 

I smirk at him, "Yes, thank you. Keeping secrets is now my new favorite hobby." 

"Oh god I hope not," he says with a chuckle as he moves towards me and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him. 

He looks down at me and kisses me deeply. "I missed you today," he says as he pulls away. 

My stomach flutters at his touch and his words. I don't care that my mind has been scattered by thoughts of Bucky all day, this is the best place in the world. 

"I missed you too," I say, putting my hands behind his neck and pulling his lips to mine once again. 

He kisses me urgently and I feel his tongue against my lips, begging to meet mine. I part my lips for him and as our tongues meet, I moan slightly. 

He pulls away and looks at me, one hand on my neck, the other holding my waist firmly. "I want you to know.. I'm never letting you leave like that again. I've thought about you all day. You can't do that to a teenager." 

I laugh, "I'm sorry. But I can tell some distance did you good," I guide my hand down his chest to his stomach, and then further down as I feel his erection through his jeans. 

He groans, "You're mean." 

"I know," I say as I kiss him again, still stroking. 

The door to my room is still open and as I'm starting to really get into it, I hear a voice in the hallway. 

"Lovebirds! Come have dinner!" 

I pull away from Steve and he groans again and rolls his eyes. "Damn it. I hate people." 

"Hey, hey, language Cap." I say with a giggle. 

He pulls me in again, kissing me passionately and biting my lip and pulling slightly, before pulling away again. "We are finishing this later." 

"I'm counting on it." 

... 

After dinner we are all sitting around the lounge area, chatting. Everyone is there. I'm sitting on a couch with my feet up, leaning into Steve, his arm around my shoulder, and Nat at the other end. Tony, Wanda, Vision and Bucky are sitting opposite of us. On the third couch Clint, Sam and Bruce sits.