Chapter 94: Too Close

MADELINE

After holding me close for a little while I turn to Bucky with a smile. "I need to go take a shower. You made a mess of me and we have a party tonight." 

He chuckles, "I'm quite pleased with the mess I made of you." 

I laugh, "Yeah I'm sure you are. Pretty sure Tony wouldn't be if he found out, though. Messy hair and smelling of sex might be too obvious." 

Bucky looks at me, "He's going to be pissed when he finds out, huh?" 

I shrug, "I guess. He got pissed when he found out about Steve. And no offense, but him and Steve are closer. And Steve has a better track record. He also doesn't make me jealous on purpose. Bucket." I grin at him and he raises his eyebrows at me, "Bucket? That's new," he laughs.  

I keep the grin on my face, "I think it works. I think I'll call you that every time you act like an idiot." 

He laughs, "Okay, that's a good motivator for me to stop acting like an idiot, then." 

I smile at him and he takes my hand in his metal one, lacing our fingers, "What do you think would happen? You know, if we told everyone." 

"I don't know," I reply honestly, "I thought about it before I left and I've been thinking about it ever since I came back. One is how the others here would react. Another thing entirely is how the world would react. I'm worried Stevie would be the one to receive most of the lash back." 

He nods slowly, "Yeah, I guess he would. Do you know if he's thought about that part?" 

"I don't know," I say as my eyes meet his, "We haven't really talked about it. Whenever we talk about us he's mainly just.. optimistic. He's never told me he was worried." 

Bucky smiles softly, "Yeah, he told me about what you guys talked about today. About living together. About all of us possibly living together, at some point." 

I bite my lip before grinning at him, "Yeah, we did. But then you went and eye-fucked another woman." 

He laughs, "I most certainly did not eye-fuck another woman. I lightly flirted, and I only did it to make you jealous. You're the only one I want to be inside of, let's be real here." 

I laugh, "So romantic." 

He moves his hand to my cheek, "I can be romantic, if you want. But you told me yesterday you're not used to me being sweet so I don't want to make you nauseous." 

I laugh even louder, "When did you become so funny?" 

He shrugs, "I've always been funny. I just don't really show people much." 

"Well, I'm happy that you show me," I reply as I squeeze his hand in mine. "But if we did want to.. live together.. at some point.. Is that something you'd like to do?" I ask quietly as I look down at our joined hands. 

"Of course," he quickly replies, "Why wouldn't I?"

I shrug as I smile at him, "I don't know.. But I didn't know it was something Steve wanted, either. Today is the first time we've ever talked about it." 

"Well, as I said, in it for the long haul. Whatever that entails, I'm good with."

I smile at him and pull him in for a kiss. "Me too." 

I kiss him again quickly before getting up, "I need a shower now." 

He shrugs, "So do I. Sharing is caring, Doll. Besides, it's good for the planet. Less water."