Chapter 96: Somethings Brewing

MADELINE

Before leaving my room, Bucky kisses me deeply. 

"Just getting ready for a long night of not being able to kiss you," he says quietly as he pulls away. 

I give him a soft smile, "I'm sorry Buck. It'll be difficult for me, too. It won't always be like this." 

He smiles back, "I hope not." 

I turn to the both of them. "I've never seen either of you in a tux before." 

Steve smirks, "What do you think?" 

I bite my lip before replying, "I think it'll be hard for me to focus tonight." 

I move to Steve and run my hands over his shoulders, feeling the soft material. He grabs my waist and I lean my head up to kiss him, pulling him closer against me, as I kiss him tenderly. 

Once I pull away I turn to Bucky, putting my hand behind his neck. He moves closer to me and I plant my lips on his deeply. 

"You in a tux warranted one more kiss before we have to act like just friends for an entire evening." 

He chuckles, "I appreciate it, Doll." 

As we all leave my room, Steve is by my side, his hand in mine, as Bucky walks behind us. 

Once we get to the common area I realize why Pepper picked out this dress for me. 

It's all decorated in blue, with long blue drapes hung around the walls and down from the ceiling. 

I watch the small crowd that has already gathered and notice that they're all wearing long gowns and tuxes. I turn to Steve as I whisper, "I don't care what Tony says. There's no way this is all for me. There must be another reason for this. Look how nice everyone looks." 

Steve looks around and I do too, breathing in the atmosphere of the room. It's very different, and definitely way fancier, then the last time I was at one of Tony's parties. 

Steve looks at me, "You might be right. Tony's always up to something." 

I smile at him quickly and then we move further into the party. I feel Bucky moving up next to me and when his knuckles brush against mine I feel a tingle inside. I know we won't be able to touch or kiss, but we can still be together. Just in a more friendly way than usual. 

Once I spot Nat and Wanda at the bar I turn to the both of them, excusing myself. They both smile at me and nod, and then I move out of their vicinity. 

Nat is wearing a long, black dress. The neckline is deep and the dress is tight. She looks just a gorgeous in a floor length gown as she does in a short, revealing one. 

Wanda is wearing a pink pastel dress, the material flowing around her. She looks like a princess. 

"Hey," I say with a smile as I walk up to them. 

"Hey Sparkles," Nat responds and I chuckle as I shake my head lightly. 

"Hi Maddie, how are you?" Wanda chirps and I give her a wide smile. 

"I'm good," I reply as I get a drink from the bar. 

"So," Nat says with a smirk, "Tell us everything. Did you have fun?" 

I laugh, "Yes Nat," I respond dryly, "I had fun." 

She cocks an eyebrow, "Did it live up to your expectations?"

I meet her eyes as I take a sip of my cocktail, "That and more." 

"Good for you," she laughs and I shake my head with a smile.