Chapter 182: It Happens

MADELINE

Right as my lips meet Steve's, theres a loud knock on the door. 

When I hear the familiar voice I roll my eyes and smile against Steve's lips. 

"Kiddo, breakfast is ready. Bring your boys, I'm assuming they're starving. Don't need any details though." 

Tony chuckles as he finishes his sentence and I shake my head in amusement at his tone. I hear him walk away from the door and I take the opportunity to wrap my hand in Steve's hair to pull his lips back on mine. 

Right as I pull him towards me slowly, another noise interrupts us. 

"Auntie Maddie, are you up? Can I come in?" 

My eyes widen in panic and I see the same look on Steve's face when we both recognize the voice. I push him away from me roughly as I yell out, "No! Morgan, not right now sweetie! I'll be out in a minute, okay?" 

I don't get a response and the next thing I see is Bucky's bare ass as he jumps out of bed and runs to the door, swiftly locking it right before I see the handle moving down slowly. 

"One second sweetie, okay? Go have breakfast, I'll be there soon!" I yell out as my wide eyes lock with Bucky's in a panic. 

I hear an annoyed noise at the other side of the door before hearing a disappointed, "Okay.."

Then I hear Tony's voice yelling, "Morguna! Where are you?" 

And then I also hear the panic in his voice once he realizes that's she's standing by our door, "Morgan! What are you doing?! Come here sweetheart, I made you pancakes! Come to the kitchen. Please!" I hear Tony's voice reach a higher pitch at the end of his sentence, mirroring my own panicked state. 

I hear Morgan's feet patting away after Tony mentions pancakes and I realize I was holding my breath when I hear my own deep exhale. 

My eyes flit up to Bucky's and we stare at each other for a second before we both burst out laughing, and at the same time I hear Steve exhaling deeply as his head plops back down on the pillow. 

I grin at Bucky as he walks back over to the bed, "Quick thinking soldier." 

He rolls his eyes at me and leans down to plant a quick kiss on my temple, "Yeah, I really didn't feel like traumatizing a little girl today." 

I snort, "Nope, me neither. I don't think I could ever look at her the same." 

I smile down at Steve whose cheeks are a bright red as he looks up at me. 

"Don't worry," I say to him, "She didn't see or hear anything, Bucky saved our butts at the last minute." 

Steves hands cover his face, hiding behind them as he speaks a muffled, "We're not used to being around kids." 

I make an amused face as I look between them both, "You both do realize that once we have kids it's going to be like this all the time, right? And you guys wanted to knock me up five years ago!" I scoff mockingly, "You have no idea what you were getting into, clearly!" 

I laugh as I start getting out of bed to get dressed and Bucky whines, "Do we have to get up?" 

I chuckle, "Oh, you'd rather wait until she comes back in two minutes?" 

"Fine," he grumbles as he goes to his duffle bag, "I'll get dressed. But I'm expecting cuddles later!" 

"Deal," I say with a soft smile as I look at him. 

I hear a disgruntled noise from Steve as he sits up in bed and I chuckle, "You will have cuddles too, relax." 

I turn to my bag and start getting clothes as I mumble, "It's like having two toddlers all of a sudden.."