Chapter 82: Dress Up

MADELINE

After training I go back to my room to take a shower. Wanda whooped my ass today. 

Focusing so much really takes a toll and it's not just mentally but also physically hard. 

Once I've showered and changed I go to the kitchen to get some lunch. 

As I enter I see Nat there, cooking food. I smile at her, "Hey Nat." 

"Hi," she replies as she flashes a big smile at me.

"How was the date?" I ask as I sit down at the kitchen island. 

"Oh, I have so much to tell you. Do you want to eat with me?" 

I glance at her food and nod, "Yeah, please, I'm starving. Wanda kicked my ass today." 

She chuckles as she pours food on two plates and brings them to the dining table. I sit down opposite of her. 

"So, tell me everything," I say as I take a big bite of my food. 

"Well, we went to dinner and it was so nice. We always have a great time when it's just the two of us. He's never as shy or awkward as he is when we're around all you guys. So we talked a lot and then.." she trails off. 

"And then?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow. 

"And then we spent the night together," she replies sheepishly. 

"YES!" I exclaim loudly as she says it and she laughs at my reaction. 

I blush as I realize and cover my mouth, "Sorry, I'm just excited for you two."

"Well, I appreciate the enthusiasm," she replies with a smile. 

"What did you guys decide then? Are you a 'thing' now or what?" 

"Well, we're taking it one day at a time, for now. But hopefully he will be more.. flirty with me around you guys too, now. I'm not sure, he's hard to figure out." She says as she takes a bite. 

I nod, "Yeah, well, give it time. This is good progress," I reply with a smile. 

"So, how's it going with the boys? Still as frustrated?" She asks as she cocks an eyebrow at me. 

"Probably more frustrated than you right now," I wink at her. 

She chuckles, "Yeah, maybe.. What's the plan then?"

"Well, actually, they're taking me on a date today."

"A date?" she raises her eyebrows at me.

"Yeah, I've never been on one. When Bucky found out he got pissed at Steve," I chuckle, "So we're going for dinner and dancing." 

"Where are you going?" 

I shrug, "I don't know, they're planning it.  But somewhere Steve won't be recognized, for obvious reasons. I mentioned it seemed pretty casual in Williamsburg when we went." 

She nods, "Yeah that might be a good place.. And then after?" 

I smile at her innocently, "I haven't decided yet." 

She smirks, "Yes you have. Now tell me." 

I laugh at her response, "Yeah, okay.. Well.. I've been thinking a lot about that conversation we had yesterday.." 

"Oh really?" She says and her smirk turns sly. 

"Yeah, and, I don't know.. Maybe that would be... fun. But I haven't mentioned it to any of them yet, I want it to be a surprise if I decide to try it." I reply as I blush. 

"Yeah, that's a good idea. And personally, I think it would be a lot more than fun." 

I laugh again, "Oh shut up. I haven't made any decisions yet," I say as I take another bite of my food. 

She moves her food around her plate a little. "O-okay, if you say so," she replies teasingly. 

I shoot her a quick look before I go back to eating my lunch. 

After a couple of minutes Steve walks in. He comes to my side and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek as he leans his arms on my chair.

"Hey, just wanted to let you know to be ready by 5pm. We have to drive for a little while to the place." 

I beam at him, "Okay, I'll start getting ready soon then." 

He chuckles, "It's only 1pm." 

"I know," I say with a wide smile, "But I have no idea what I'm going to wear. Things like that take time."

He laughs until Nat interrupts him, "Yeah Rogers, girls need time to get ready. Besides, this would be your very first date. It's special. Even if it took you like 6 months to ask her out... And she's already your girlfriend." 

He rolls his eyes, "Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a horrible boyfriend. Bucky's already ripped me a new one for that." 

I take his hand, "You're a good boyfriend Stevie. Just a little... clueless," I say as I giggle. He pinches my sides in response and it makes me giggle harder. 

"I have to go see Tony but I'll see you later," he says before kissing me quickly.

"See you soon," I reply as he leaves. I turn to Nat, "I have no idea what to wear." 

"I'll help you," she says, "Let me just text Wanda real quick, I'm sure she'll help too." 

"Thanks," I reply grinning. 

... 

"What about this one?" I ask Nat and Wanda as they sit on my bed. I hold up a gold sparkly dress that Nat brought for me. 

"I love that one," Nat replies as she nods at me. 

Wanda frowns, "I'm not sure about that, it's a bit sparkly." 

I laugh, "Well, I am 'Sparkles'," and Nat laughs as well. 

"What about this one?" Wanda says as she walks to the pile of dresses Nat brought me and pulls out a red satin slip dress. It's short with thin straps and has an open back. 

I look the dress over, "That's nice," and then I turn to Nat, "But I'm not sure if it'll suit me. It's Nat's dress, and I am a bit curvier than her," I say with a chuckle. 

"Try it on, let's see how it looks," Nat replies as Wanda hands me the dress. 

I quickly strip out of my jeans and t-shirt and put the dress on. 

"Maddie you look amazing," Wanda says as I turn to the mirror. 

The red accentuates my hair and fair skin and I have to agree, it looks better than I expected. 

"Yeah, you look hot. But you need to lose the bra," Nat says as she looks me over. 

I blush, "I never go without a bra." 

"One time's gotta be the first," she replies with a smirk.