Chapter 175: Boyfriends

MADELINE

We finish packing up the stuff from my room and bring them on the quinjet. 

I sit down on the jet with a sigh as I look up at Tony, who's looking over the controls, "Okay Tony.. So what's next?"

I feel Steve and Bucky sit down on either side of me, and as I feel their hands holding each of mine, I subsequently pull each of their hands onto my lap as their fingers are laced with mine. 

Tony watches us with a smile before his eyes meet mine, "We're going to Clint's farmhouse. We need to ensure everyone is safe." 

I furrow my brows, "Why wouldn't we be? Thanos is dead." 

"I know," he says with a soft smile, "But Thanos also travelled in time to get here. We're all wounded, tired and vulnerable right now, the last thing we need is for people to be dropping in from the past on us like this. It's best we stick together for now. Besides, the compound isn't safe to be in, and it will be good for us to spend a few days together, after everything that's happened. Don't forget, you're not the only one who missed a few certain people," he offers Steve a warm smile as he says it before turning back to me, his smile widening," But if that's not enough to convince you, I promise to make it worth your while." 

I cock an eyebrow as I smile at him, "Does that mean you'll be bringing my goddaughter?"

Tony chuckles, "Her and her mother might already be there." 

I laugh, "Well, in that case, I'm fine with it.." I look down to the two hands currently holding my own before I look back up at Tony, "Obviously, as long as I have a room that has space for my family." 

Tony rolls his eyes with a chuckle, "Don't worry kid. It's been taken care of." 

"Yeah," Clint says, "Laura was confused when I asked her to get a room ready with an extra large bed, but she got it done. And luckily, we've expanded the farm a bit since the last time I had to bring these assholes home with me." 

I laugh before smirking, "Well, you could have saved her the trouble. Both of my soldiers are so needy, they always spend the entire night curled up against me so we could have easily stayed in a normal bed." 

I feel both Steve and Bucky snap their heads to look at me due to the overshare, making me shrug, "If you don't want me to tell people our business, you need to stop being so needy."

Bucky furrows his brows and grumbles something inaudible and Steve kisses my temple before whispering, "I distinctly remember you being just as needy as we are." 

A shiver runs down my spine at the close contact, and I can tell my body is pining for his touch, Bucky's too. 

But the fear of not living up to their expectations is holding me back.

"Yeah," I say with a chuckle, "You have a point." 

Then Steve suddenly looks up at Tony, his brows furrowed, "Wait a second. Did you guys just say that Madeline has a goddaughter?" 

... 

The ride on the jet is quick because Clint's farmhouse is really not that far when you're flying. 

Once we arrive I feel a pit in my stomach. 

I'm going to need to distract the soldiers sitting next to me for as long as I can. 

I'm going to need to distract the two loves of my life, for as long as I can, because of my own insecurities. 

I have no doubt their stamina is just as it was, and perhaps mine would be too.. 

If I hadn't spent the past five years living in celibacy. 

I feel my nerves getting to me as we walk off the quinjet and an air of relief washes over me when I see Laura, Cooper, Laila, Nathanial, Pepper and Morgan standing at the bottom of the entrance to the jet. 

This is good. This will help keep everyone distracted until I get my nerves under control. 

Once the door fully opens, Cooper, Laila and Nathanial all run towards Clint as Laura chuckles. 

Morgan runs towards Tony and he picks her up quickly, pinching her cheek as he says, "I missed you kiddo." 

I give Pepper a warm smile as I walk down with my two soldiers in hand, but I'm quickly stopped on my way out of the jet by a pair of arms wrapping around my legs. 

I look down to spot Morgan hugging my legs tightly as she looks up at me, grinning. 

Apparently Tony decided to let her go to say hi to me. I chuckle down at her, surprised that Tony would actually let her go this fast, and not soak up the attention for himself. 

I let go of Steve and Bucky's hands simultaneously to pick her up. She wraps her legs around my waist as I wrap my arms around her. 

"Hey Squirt!" I say with a grin as I nudge her nose with my own, "How ya doing?" 

"Good. I missed you Auntie Maddie," she replies hesitantly as she eyes the two men next to me. Then she leans in close to my ear, "Who are they?" 

I chuckle, "I missed you too, beautiful. And they're my boyfriends," I say with a smile, turning her towards each of them, "Meet Steve and Bucky. Your dad has probably mentioned them before. No need to be afraid, they're nice. I promise." 

Morgan gives them a tentative look before leaning back to me, whispering in my ear, "They're handsome." 

I laugh loudly as I walk her out of the jet, Steve and Bucky following behind us, "Yes they are Squirt, but don't tell anyone, okay? It's our little secret." 

I kiss her cheek before handing her off to Pepper who takes her with a smile. 

Morgan mutters, "Auntie Maddie has handsome boyfriends," and I give her a wink before I grab Steve and Bucky's hands once again, dragging them with me into the farmhouse.