Chapter 117: Leave

MADELINE

As I slowly come back from my delirious state I hear both of them panting next to me. Steve has managed to move me off him and his hand is trailing all over my body as I'm lying on my back, covered in sweat. 

I feel Bucky cleaning me up gently and I feel sore and spent as I lie there, my eyes closed, while I come back to reality. 

Just like when Steve punished me last time, it's like every nerve ending in my body is tingling and sensitive and it feels like every sense is heightened. 

I'm in complete bliss for a moment.

Until I remember. 

I'm still fucking mad at them. And they didn't apologize. 

I snap my eyes open and sit up in bed. I'm exhausted but the anger running through me gives me the strength to get up. 

I wince at the soreness as I get up from my bed and push the skirt off me. Once I do I go to my dresser, find a pair of sweatpants, and put them on quickly. 

Steve looks up at me, confused, "What are you doing?" 

"Getting dressed. You should too," I reply flatly. 

They glance at each other and then back at me. 

"What do you mean?" Bucky asks with furrowed brows. 

"I mean," I say as I pull on my t-shirt, "That I'm still mad at you. This doesn't change anything. I can't be in a relationship like this." 

Steve sits up abruptly, "What are you talking about?" 

"I can't be in a relationship with a man who doesn't trust me to make my own decisions! Let alone two!" 

Bucky sits up and glances from me to Steve, and then back at me, "But you just said-" 

"I know what I said, Buck! But I was horny and needy. And when we have sex, what I said is true. I will give myself to you in every single way. But It doesn't mean that's true in fucking life." 

"You can't be serious right now, Madeline," Steve says sternly as he gets up from the bed. 

He's still naked as he stands up and to be honest, it makes me second guess, because, no-one should be allowed to look that good naked. 

But still, I manage to keep my composure. 

"I'm serious. You didn't apologize and I know I took the blame right now, but only because of what you did to me and how you made me feel. I will submit to you in every single fucking way you want, in here. " 

I point to the door, "But out there? You don't own me. You never will. And I understand if you can't accept that. So we're either going to have to find a solution where we're able to keep it in here, or not at all." 

Steve is putting on his jeans as he furrows his brows at me, "Are you serious right now? What the hell are you talking about?" 

"You heard me." 

He's in his jeans now and he shrugs his t-shirt on roughly, "So you want to break up because of this? Are you fucking kidding me?" 

Of course I don't, I love him. I love the both of them. But they've both talked about our future lately. And I can't live my entire life, restricted to what they want. 

"I don't know Steve. But I might have to think about it. I'm not sure I want boyfriends who will want to control me for the rest of my life. That's just not who I am." 

Bucky scoffs loudly. He's managed to put his jeans and t-shirt on in the meantime, "You must be joking right now, Madeline! What the fuck?!"

"I'm not joking, Buck. I need to think about this. I'm not okay with the fact that you think you get to decide my life for me. It's just not who I am as a person. It's not who I want to be." 

"Oh please Madeline!" Bucky exclaims, "You love us, you know that. You're blowing this completely out of proportion!" 

I scowl at him, "Yes, I do love you and maybe I am." I narrow my eyes at him, "But you said yourself you think about a future with me. What does that future look like? Is it me, at home, watching the kids while you two go out and save the world? That's not what I want and it never will be." 

I look at the both of them, "I think you should leave now. Both of you." 

Steve looks at me in shock and then turns to Bucky who's equally shocked. 

When neither of them move, I sigh, "Please. Just give me some fucking space here." 

They both furrow their brows at me, before looking at each other.

I see them hesitate for a moment, but when I just look at them with no words eventually they leave my room.