Chapter 51: The Last Time

MADELINE

I'm clinging onto Steve as Bucky walks past us and goes to his room. 

I have a giant knot in my stomach as I think back to only moments earlier and what Bucky confessed to me. 

"You know why. You can't tell me you don't feel the same way. You do. I know you do.."

I shake my head a little as the thoughts enter my mind. Bucky may be sure of his feelings but I'm not sure about anything right now. 

I tilt my head up to meet Steve's eyes. As I drown in his big blue eyes I feel home. At peace. 

When Bucky looks at me my mind clutters and I can't think straight. It's stressful, frustrating, confusing. When I look at Steve I feel calm, safe. Like I belong in front of him, in his arms. 

He leans down and kisses me. He's still holding me in his arms and he's in his suit. 

"Did you come straight here from the quinjet?" I ask him as I trace a finger down his shoulder, feeling the leather against my skin. 

"Yeah, I missed you. Needed to see you." 

His eyes are concerned, happy and hungry at once. As he leans down to kiss me again, he starts walking to my room. 

I feel the kiss get more heated and I know what this means. I can feel his body react as he holds me close. 

I break away from the kiss as he moves me inside my room, closing the door behind him. 

"Steve, we need to talk, I-" he interrupts me before I can finish, "Later. Please. I just need to feel you right now." 

He sits down on the bed, me in his lap, one leg on each side of him. 

He grabs my face with both hands as he looks at me intensely. "I love you. I've missed you so much. I didn't know it was going to feel like that, being away from you." 

I feel like crying as I stare into his eyes, ashamed of how I've acted while he was away. 

He pulls me in for a kiss, distracting me from my own destructive thoughts. 

He kisses down my neck, to that sensitive spot he knows I have, where he gave me love bites that have since faded. 

I relish in the feeling of him, how close he is to me. How much he loves me. I know I shouldn't do this but if I'm about to lose him, I want one last memory with him. 

He moves to take my top off and he is gentle. Different from so many of the other times we've been together, especially the last few times where he was rough and quick. 

He removes my top and leaves me in just my bra and pajamas shorts, as he kisses my naked collarbones. It makes me shudder. 

I move his head up to look at me and I want to live in this moment forever. 

I kiss him deeply before kissing down his neck, moving down from his lap to the floor of my bedroom. 

He's still in his uniform, dirty from the fight, but I don't care. 

It's Steve and I love him. 

I move to his utility belt and unbuckle it from his waist. 

He watches me as I do, moving his hands to my hair, stroking me gently. 

As I look up at him I unzip the pants of his suit, pulling down slightly. 

If this is the last time I get to be with him like this, I want to make it about him. 

I see his erection springing free and I lick my lips at the sight. He hitches his breath as I put my mouth on him, his hand now grabbing my hair tighter. 

"Fuck, Maddie," he says as I move up and down on him. I move my hands to his naked thighs, the leather pants pooling at his feet.

I squeeze lightly on his thighs as I take him deeper in my mouth and he eventually hits the back of my throat. As I take the entirety of his shaft in my throat he moans louder. I'm watching every move he does, every emotion on his face. I want to remember this. 

He throws his head back as he growls and I can feel he's getting close. 

I've never done this before and I might not ever get the chance to again. I want to make him come with my mouth, want to make it about him for once. 

I want him to know that even if I did betray his trust, and the love he has for me, at least the last time we spent together would have been about him.